Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Salty Bulldog guys had a Freo supporter on this week. His insight into Lobb was interesting, in a bad way. Essentially said he’d drive him to the airport himself and the only thing he really does well I’d be tall.
My view on Lobb is coloured by his 2016 PF performance. Very small sample size I know but if we don’t get him I have no concerns.

The Salty Bulldog guys had a Freo supporter on this week. His insight into Lobb was interesting, in a bad way. Essentially said he’d drive him to the airport himself and the only thing he really does well I’d be tall.
We just need to hypnotise him into thinking he is playing us every week and ..... goalfest!!!

Lipinski isn’t a centre bounce midfielder. Speak to any Pies fan and they all say the same. His weaknesses are too magnified in there.
He’s pretty handy as your 5th/ 6th mid though. And an elite kick. Would rather have him on our list than off it. I’d have him ahead of West and Garcia as midfielders, who are probably our next in line

Seems to be in the know well ahead of media breaking stories, but ofcourse you take these things as they come.

Doubt, still some in the playing group who don't like Stringer, Dunkley and JJ being two big ones.

As far as I'm concerned, Dunkley and go at this point, I can understand wanting to chase more money etc etc but * its such a distraction.

Expect them to come hard for him next season.

Not just money and length his chasing as I've heard, he wants a shot at leadership, I'm 100% certain he'd be VC over Macrae right now if he didn't pull that ******* ''I want to go to Essendon'' stunt.

Contract reportedly not far off

Wallis will be kept on a one year contract

I think this is closer to the truth to be honest, media and playing group alike have no idea, Dogs still reckon they'll keep him.
Prob going with the sell of if you come to us you won't have to play on May except training

He’s pretty handy as your 5th/ 6th mid though. And an elite kick. Would rather have him on our list than off it. I’d have him ahead of West and Garcia as midfielders, who are probably our next in line

He's a nice kick, no doubt about it - but doesn't chase, isn't quick, cannot tackle, doesn't run two ways. I'd have a kid who might do those things ahead of Lipinski - particularly with our midfield - as our flaws are in the areas of Lipinski's weaknesses.

The Salty Bulldog guys had a Freo supporter on this week. His insight into Lobb was interesting, in a bad way. Essentially said he’d drive him to the airport himself and the only thing he really does well is be tall.
I am with them. His whole career he looks like a player that could grab the comp by the scruff of the neck but every time falls back into his disinterested lackadaisical style.
I don't see at his age that we can change that, it happened at GWS, it happens at Freo. Who genuinely thinks it won't happen for us?
It's a pass from me if we haven't already committed to him.
On Dunkley, anything less than a top 10 pick or fair trade of player is an insult. A split pick of example: 20 and 32 doesn't do it for me at all.
I would rather Dunkley go to the PSD and end up at North than get reamed by other clubs in regard to trade value.
A top 10 pick gets it done. A fair player swap of a similarly aged player gets it done. Or a hybrid trade with a slightly lesser player + a draft pick gets it done.
I am sick of hearing about these Dodo like scenarios where we get zilch.,

Hearing that Bont's Mum and sisters will be at the game tonight. I wonder if that means it will be his last game with the Dogs? Sounds gone imo.
comedy central blake henderson GIF by Workaholics

Yeah. I can see why they’d want to hold onto it though. As mentioned I don’t see a way either them or Brisbane can walk him to the draft, so although he is out of contract we aren’t totally exposed.

If he nominated North or Essendon it would be different.
I'm with you. Unless we get a good deal offered back, i definitely would make sure he went to the PSD and let the Tiprats from North scour over his carcass.
He wouldn't want to go there. No way would they let him pass.
That gives us a huge bargaining chip.

I am with them. His whole career he looks like a player that could grab the comp by the scruff of the neck but every time falls back into his disinterested lackadaisical style.
I don't see at his age that we can change that, it happened at GWS, it happens at Freo. Who genuinely thinks it won't happen for us?
On Dunkley, anything less than a top 10 pick or fair trade of player is an insult. A split pick of example: 20 and 32 doesn't do it for me at all.
I would rather Dunkley go to the PSD and end up at North than get reamed by other clubs in regard to trade value.
A top 10 pick gets it done. A fair player swap of a similarly aged player gets it done. Or a hybrid trade with a slightly lesser player + a draft pick gets it done.
Sounds like you're suffering some PTSD from the Jason McCartney era of trading deals.

Sam Power has been strong on getting good deals done. That final evening of trade period in 2020 when he simultaneously stared down Dodoro over Dunkley and got Treloar for basically nothing from Pies was particularly good work

He's a nice kick, no doubt about it - but doesn't chase, isn't quick, cannot tackle, doesn't run two ways. I'd have a kid who might do those things ahead of Lipinski - particularly with our midfield - as our flaws are in the areas of Lipinski's weaknesses.

one of the worst tacklers in comp.
He couldn’t stop me !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club needs to settle this Dunkley situation as its doing no one any good.

Play him in the ruck today and play Timmy on the wing and that will settle the circus it’s become.Line in the sand moment no need to read into any news scoops anymore etc

The Salty Bulldog guys had a Freo supporter on this week. His insight into Lobb was interesting, in a bad way. Essentially said he’d drive him to the airport himself and the only thing he really does well is be tall.

That guy talked a bit of crap. Pearce ‘smashed Naughton’ when Naughton kicked 3. He beat him Naughton yes, but I’ll be happy with 3 again.

Went on and on about bad trades we did with Freo 20+ years ago. Like they were perfect.

The main concern I’d have if Dunkley goes is the hole it leaves in our midfield, compounded by Lipinski going last year. Those guys really bridge our midfield between the older guys and Baz.

In saying that I’m confident we’d get a decent haul. If it’s Port or Brisbane he chooses, there is no way they can walk him to the pre season draft with the likes of North, Hawthorn and Essendon cashed up.

I don't think it's a concern, at least not at this stage.

We managed without Dunkley and Treloar for large parts of last year and our midfield still held up quite well. Bont, Macrae and Smith will still be around that midfield for a good few years more and I think most teams would be pretty happy with that starting core of midfielders. West and Garcia may bridge the gap as younger players. Williams too is quite young and could move in to the midfield where he played as a junior. At least with Dunkley out they should get greater opportunity.

Personally, I see losing Dunkley as an opportunity to balance out the list a bit more. At the moment we have too many midfielders playing as forwards and we are playing defenders like Richards and Vandermeer as forwards. Even Dunkley has spent a huge chunk up forward this year.

We really need forwards and quality key defenders.

Last edited:
Can be certain with Sam Power that if Dunkley is too go we will get good to great compensation particularly with the mooted clubs that have been mentioned so far.
There isn't enough leverage for us to get done over IMO

I think we need to look at Papley to see that a trade request doesn’t have to kill off a players passion for the club. Paps was dead set desperate to get to Victoria but it didn’t eventuate.

Swans fans have wrapped their arms around him and now he’s considered probably a top 3 player on that list. He’s awesome.

I think we need to look at Papley to see that a trade request doesn’t have to kill off a players passion for the club. Paps was dead set desperate to get to Victoria but it didn’t eventuate.

Swans fans have wrapped their arms around him and now he’s considered probably a top 3 player on that list. He’s awesome.
Yep, even if a bit of a flog. 🙂

Hearing that Bont's Mum and sisters will be at the game tonight. I wonder if that means it will be his last game with the Dogs? Sounds gone imo.

Yep, sounds like they are both set to hang up the boots altogether whenever the season ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back