Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't we also steal JOD from their cricket team. Wonder if there are any gems in their lawn bowls ranks.
Dunno. Not too many likely looking types there.
Maybe the bloke holding the tip of the pennant could be a lockdown type?

1716689452071.png

And Crameri. Will never forgive those losers for screwing up his chance to play in a premiership.
Unfortunately it was his choice to stick fat with the Essendon players instead of accepting a 3-month suspension which would have enabled him to be available :(

I've now got a strong feeling we will select Bianco in the mid-season draft. It's our modus operandi to go to the VFL for our rookie types and Bianco is a bird in the hand. Not that I'm advocating his selection because I think he was well-tried at Collingwood and I'd rather we chose outside our Footscray team.
VFL Stats thus far (Averages): 22.4 Disposals, 5 Marks, 3 Tackles, 1 Goal

I've now got a strong feeling we will select Bianco in the mid-season draft. It's our modus operandi to go to the VFL for our rookie types and Bianco is a bird in the hand. Not that I'm advocating his selection because I think he was well-tried at Collingwood and I'd rather we chose outside our Footscray team.
VFL Stats thus far (Averages): 22.4 Disposals, 5 Marks, 3 Tackles, 1 Goal
I don't know how he plays seniors. Who does he replace? We've got Libba back in a couple of weeks too.

Truck has one wing sewn up too

Tom Nepo Baby don't ask him about women reporting that Rory Lobb is set to ask for a trade at end of season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking the Lobb news at face value. The only surprising thing about it is the timing.

For the first time in history, we have a pretty nice balance of established and developing talls.

It's unfortunate for him, but he's just a victim of Darcy's rapid rise and new found durability. Its time to cash in whatevers left of the insurance policy that we used to bring him in.

The reality is that we cannot expect him to spend the remainder of his contract bumping along at Footscray until one of JUH, Naughton or Darcy get injured.

Last edited:
Taking the Lobb news at face value. The only surprising thing about it is the timing.

For the first time in history, we have a pretty nice balance of established and developing talls.

It's unfortunate for him, but he's just a victim of Darcy's rapid rise and new found durability. Its time to cash in whatevers left of the insurance policy that we used to bring him in.

The reality is that we cannot expect him to bump along at Footscray until one of JUH, Naughton or Darcy get injured.
This

Also the way they are developing Smith and Croft will probably be good enough cover for next year

Lions board an interesting read re Rayner.

Fed up with him.

Someone said in here we had chased him pretty hard & may try again I think?

I’ve been pretty vocal in not seeing how he improves our side. He’s a flash in the pan player that does some cool stuff every few weeks, but doesn’t pressure and chase enough into be a ‘small’ in our forward line and doesn’t look like he’ll ever be a midfielder. I don’t see the point in getting him.

I’ve been pretty vocal in not seeing how he improves our side. He’s a flash in the pan player that does some cool stuff every few weeks, but doesn’t pressure and chase enough into be a ‘small’ in our forward line and doesn’t look like he’ll ever be a midfielder. I don’t see the point in getting him.

Have they ever given him much of a crack in the midfield? Im not ruling out his ability to impact as a mid. However think he is valuable as a forward who has bursts inside.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was a ridiculous trade at the time and it looks even dumber right now.

Not just from our sake but especially Lobbs management. Luckily we hold the cards due to his contract.

I’d move on Daniel and I’m openish to Macrae moving on if the deal was good and he was happy to go.
Don't agree. It's like fire insurance. It's annoying paying for it when your house doesn't burn down. But the day those bloody kids find the matches....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back