Training report 10/3/03.

Remove this Banner Ad

Power Pride

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2003
Hanging upside down on the fence, admiring the gra
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Okay, I figured you guys would probably appreciate some more updates since I seem to get down to training quite a bit. I'll give you a player by player update. All in all it was a pretty annoying session.. the majority of guys were stuffing around, and we seem to have a lot of problems marking. There was a drill where you had to lead onto the mark, and if you dropped it, you got 20 pushups. At one count, there were eight guys doing pushups, and by the time I'd finished counting, three more had started.

Matty - Trained well, took a few almighty grabs but no screamers ala last week.
Wakes - Was quiet, a little inconspicuous. Didnt do much, looked a bit lazy IMO.
Monty - Trained the house down with the main group.
Gav - Dedicated as usual. Going up in a marking contest against Josh C, he got smacked in the head, and pretended to be knocked to the ground. He lay there twitching for about 30 seconds. V. amusing! :p
Ladey - Goofed around a bit and didnt take as many marks as he probably should have.
Schoey - Ran a few laps, went on the bikes. Needs a shave.
Peter - Didnt train, ran laps. :confused:
Shaun - Trained well, stuffed about with Dewy a bit though and copped an earful from Chocco.
Josh C - Average session.
Francou - Was impressive. Layed a few remarkable tackles.
Dimma - Ran laps with Che. Seemed to be having a bit of trouble with his ankle. Again.
Che - Ran laps with Dimma.
Hallsy - I have no idea, didnt see him. :confused:
Paxman - Everyone was calling him 'Old Man' which was amusing, but he didnt live up to that nickname. Trained extremely well.
Choppy - Ran around like a headless chook, taking marks here, laying tackles there.
Tredders - Was out on the park today with a pressure bandage over his knee. Looked in excellent condition, had a light kicking session, handballing session and then sprinted between cones for a while. Had a chat to him about his knee and he said he was feeling great after the rest but he couldnt wait to get back into it. He also said it was good to be able to do some light kicking.
Dewy - Was the biggest goofball of the lot. Got away with a lot of crap that he shouldnt have. Had butter on his fingers.. or something. Couldnt mark to save his life.
Bomber - Was brilliant, no stuffing around. One of the few who were really dedicated. Has a shocker haircut.
Bishop - Went well.
Broges - Trained for a while but came away from the main group early and ran laps. Will be fronting the tribunal via video link-up tomorrow.
Wilbur - I was very happy to see him back with the main group, training the house down.
Koula - Ran laps.
Morgs - Trained with the main group, had an average session.
Damon - Was on the sidelines having a light kicking session, also had a session where he was just spoiling the ball on his own. Although I dont know what that achieved.
Dom - Went very well. Provided a lot of encouragement for everyone, ran around telling everyone what a good mark that was, good goal Bomber, etc etc.
Stuart - Was very vocal and physical! Went well, had a huge smile on his face throughout most of the session.
Poults - Didnt train. Had a pressure bandage on his right calf. :confused:
Toby - Is looking better and better each time. Kept getting called 'Sword.'
Kingers - Trained with the main group. I couldnt be stuffed watching him. He irks me.
Ackers - Stood around looking sorry for himself. Talked to himself quite a bit. :p
Salopek - Strutted around like he owned the place, copped an earful from A. Clarkson at one stage for not kicking to Chad when he was leading in the 50m arc, instead went for goal himself. There was a lot of swearing and the word 'selfish' was thrown in somewhere.
Splinter - Went well, looks like he'd put on a bit of weight. Maybe its the 'eight meals a day' he eats! :p
Smiley [Brett] - Trained very well, but thats not suprising. Got a bit fed up with Salopek at one stage.
Guerra - Trained with the main group, worked extremely hard. Good to see.
Cornsey - Stuffed around a bit but then got down to business. While he was stuffing around, he was twirling all over the place. Russell yelled at him 'CHAD! THIS IS NOT BALLET CLASS!' which made him get his arse into gear. :p Took an absolute screamer about 50ft away from me - late run in from the side and a big fly over the pack. Inspirational.
Puss - Stuffed around. I didnt watch him for long.
Wade - Ran laps.
Roger - Didnt train at all, although he was in his gear and out on the field. Stood around and chinwagged for most of the session.
Joel - Went very well.
Scott - Brilliant session. I'm impressed with his skill at ground level.

Originally posted by Power Pride
:p

On Wednesday I promise to say hello to him for you.

theres nothing on friday is there? stupid d icks!

i want my photo of dew signed... is that so hard for them to allow me to do that lol...

Originally posted by _espoir
theres nothing on friday is there? stupid d icks!

i want my photo of dew signed... is that so hard for them to allow me to do that lol...

The GAME is on Friday love! LOL.

Dewy'll sign the pic of him after the game, because you're coming with me to the rooms afterwards, whether I have to drag you kicking and/or screaming, or not. :p And then you can ask him about the eye incident!

lol i know that i shall be there ... i just wanna go to training again .. even though all i feel like doing when i'm there is kicking a ball thru the goals.

Dimma - Ran laps with Che. Seemed to be having a bit of trouble with his ankle. Again.

According to Choco (on 5AA), Dimma looked like he'd be able to play tomorrow, Choco wouldn't be telling fibs would he?

Tredders - Was out on the park today with a pressure bandage over his knee. Looked in excellent condition, had a light kicking session, handballing session and then sprinted between cones for a while. Had a chat to him about his knee and he said he was feeling great after the rest but he couldnt wait to get back into it. He also said it was good to be able to do some light kicking.

These cones, is he taking them for pain relief a la Dave Granger? Was he able to run in straight lines between each one or did he just fall over laughing a lot? ;)

Seriously though, thanks for the update...:cool:

Roger - Didnt train at all, although he was in his gear and out on the field. Stood around and chinwagged for most of the session.

According to the Port website James has a groin injury and may miss Rd 1.

Re: Re: Training report 10/3/03.

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane
These cones, is he taking them for pain relief a la Dave Granger? Was he able to run in straight lines between each one or did he just fall over laughing a lot? ;)
:D

Re: Re: Training report 10/3/03.

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane

Seriously though, thanks for the update...:cool:

I hope it helps his kicking for goal. Maybe a reward after each succesful attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back