Troy Pannell - 17 frees to WB, 1 to ADEL

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, sorry, the armchair ride we got and squandered actually wasn't there at all, we were just first to the ball even though we weren't, Geelong's tackling technique is just awful, that Scott Thompson is a shithouse midfielder for the Cats. Is that any better?

Just because you guys collectively shit the bed all week doesn't mean I have to when the shoe is on the other foot.

HAHA!! My god, I hope you're not serious. Looked on the Adelaide board lately???

Umpiring was shocking again last night and Geelong would have a right to be pissed off.

Geelong's certainly should. Another terrible performance by the umpires, this time in our favour.

Until the AFL get serious about making umpires full time, this is apparently the standard we can expect. Pathetic.

They always do this and it only makes them look like even bigger amateurs. I just wish they would call the games evenly. I'd happily take less free kicks at home if it meant we didn't get totally reamed every time we go to Melbourne. Why can't the umpires call the game objectively? The roar of home ground supporters shouldn't have any influence whatsoever.

They always do this and it only makes them look like even bigger amateurs. I just wish they would call the games evenly. I'd happily take less free kicks at home if it meant we didn't get totally reamed every time we go to Melbourne. Why can't the umpires call the game objectively? The roar of home ground supporters shouldn't have any influence whatsoever.
As a matter of interest did you think you got reamed in round one in Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a matter of interest did you think you got reamed in round one in Melbourne?

It was a while back, but from memory we got an armchair ride in the first half and then you guys got one in the second half... does that sound right?

From memory was the classic "whoops, free kicks aren't very even at half time! Better find some square-ups!" situation.

Proof yesterday that the free kick count can be really lopsided without a heap of blatant errors.
Fair call. IIRC the only decision I hated was the free against Picken after he took a mark in the last quarter :huh:

Geelong's certainly should. Another terrible performance by the umpires, this time in our favour.

Until the AFL get serious about making umpires full time, this is apparently the standard we can expect. Pathetic.
I reckon if you had a time machine and went forward 50 years people would be complaining about them just as much as they do now. Yes it's frustrating as heck sometimes with them but it's a prick of a game to umpire, so many rules are interpretive and it's so quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back