• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Trufant or Buchanon

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

If you had to choose one of these two young corners, which would you take and why?

To me it is pretty clear cut, but i wanted a few other views to help settle an argument.

For me, Dunta Robinson or DeAngelo Hall are the best two young corners in the NFL. Robinson has been o/s as a rookie. Atlanta have a good dilema on their hands with Hall and Mathis. And don't be surprised to see Hall lining up on the odd offensive play. Mathis didn't do his chances any harm with a TD return this week after being slated to lose the starting position.

Of the two you ask, Buchanon has an extra season on Trufant and playing under seige. Oakland is not a happy place to have been over the past 18 months but he is one of the shining lights.

Trufant while impressive at times, has been beaten in a couple of games late. Not sure if it's a fitness issue or just learning to be consistent. He looks an outstanding prospect though.

If I was selecting between the two today I'd still take Trufant even though I'd say Buchanon is ahead of him atm.

JeffDunne said:
For me, Dunta Robinson or DeAngelo Hall are the best two young corners in the NFL. Robinson has been o/s as a rookie. Atlanta have a good dilema on their hands with Hall and Mathis. And don't be surprised to see Hall lining up on the odd offensive play. Mathis didn't do his chances any harm with a TD return this week after being slated to lose the starting position.

I posted a similer thing awhile back about DeAngelo Hall being one to watch. Only 20 years old the kid has some serious speed and is the shut down corner atlanta have been crying out for since Ray Buchanon was at his peak.

If only he was available a couple of years back as he is the corner most dallas fans thought Newman would be but he has been ********ing dissapointing to say the least.

marcuz said:
Both are quality young corners but id take buchanon for the fact that trufant is a little suspect to the deep ball where buchanon's flat out speed keeps him in the contest. Buchanon is more likely to pick off passes as well.
Buchanon for the exact reasons Marcuz has mentioned..

marcuz said:
Both are quality young corners but id take buchanon for the fact that trufant is a little suspect to the deep ball where buchanon's flat out speed keeps him in the contest. Buchanon is more likely to pick off passes as well.

but he not physical enough

Buchanon tears it up for me in Madden 2004, so I'll pick him.

marcuz said:
Not many Corners are...Bobby Taylor,Troy Vincent, Ronde Barber are some that are.

Deion Sanders was one of the best ever and he relied purely on speed, anticipation and reading the offense.

then y are the raiders looking to get ird of him due to him not being physical enough

crazy_big_al said:
then y are the raiders looking to get ird of him due to him not being physical enough

They can send him down to dallas if they like. Most likely their Defensive co ordinator has a type of corner in mind and buchanon doesnt fit that criteria. He may want a corner who can be physical at the line of scrimmage and put the reciever off his route. But if he gets by than more often than not if there is no double coverage then there are big yards to have.

Buchanon is the type of corner who can sit off his man and use his speed to keep him out of the game. And when they are cracking down on pass interference like never before thats probably the best way to play it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a Seattle fan, I'm obviously going to say Marcus Trufant. He, along with Ken Hamlin and Ken Lucas are huge reasons why our defence has picked up the past 2 seasons (including this one).

Trufant already has a following that compares with Shawn Springs.

Back