TSL Finals 2012

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Considering whats happening with North Hobart & Hobart over this licence crap I'm not sure I have my heart in footy at the moment. But I was wondering what others might think about their clubs chances in 2012.
I think NH are cooked after G beat C last monday night. So the ladder might stay as-

Burnie. Seem to have injuries at the worst time possible. Play Roos next this week so that might tell a tale one way or the other.
Clarence. Hunted by Glenorchy but have the wood on the others. Savage a big loss
Launceston. Improving lately? Know what finals are all about.
Lauderdale. Might get a double chance yet & be dangerous.
Glenorchy. Been improving all year. Have beaten Roos twice. Maybe dont have the physical strength to go all the way?

Any opinions?, If anyone cares about local footy anymore that is:(.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Hi Madmug Have to agree with the lack of interest in football gee its quiet on Big Footy TSL and Tassie Regional Boards these days (last post in the Tas Regional Boards 31st July)!!
Is it because of the New BF software or as you have stated just a lack of interest in Local Football?
Any way I have to say the Premiers will come from Burnie Clarence or Launceston IMO in that order

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Bellerive able to hosts finals matches, heard the ground was being repaired.
I believe they are upgrading the drainage. The whole surface is bear dirt. Maybe they could play Queenstown style footy on it:p
I'm not sure where southern finals will be. Maybe North Hobart Oval, perhaps KGV, I hope not at Lauderdale. The ground is ok but the facilities are still crap.
I'm told the GF will be at Aurora no matter who gets in first. Ie if Clarence win the 2nd semi & end up playing Launy or Burnie, it will be at Aurora.

Big Pun

Rookie
Mar 17, 2011
South Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I believe they are upgrading the drainage. The whole surface is bear dirt. Maybe they could play Queenstown style footy on it:p
I'm not sure where southern finals will be. Maybe North Hobart Oval, perhaps KGV, I hope not at Lauderdale. The ground is ok but the facilities are still crap.
I'm told the GF will be at Aurora no matter who gets in first. Ie if Clarence win the 2nd semi & end up playing Launy or Burnie, it will be at Aurora.

If its 2 southern teams - NHO
If its Burnie and a Southern team - West Park
If its Launy - Auroa

True Big Red Roo

Senior List
Jul 14, 2010
Eastern Shore
AFL Club
Essendon
Look out for the pies and roos to have an impact in the finals and i think one of em will feature in the big one. Burnie were good on the weekend i hear even with a few still out. Launy starting to hit their straps again. Whats happened to North Hobart? Surely questions have to be asked. is the merger having that much of an impact?

DOSACHOKER1

Debutant
Mar 29, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Look out for the pies and roos to have an impact in the finals and i think one of em will feature in the big one. Burnie were good on the weekend i hear even with a few still out. Launy starting to hit their straps again. Whats happened to North Hobart? Surely questions have to be asked. is the merger having that much of an impact?
You would def think Nth suffering like the Tigers last season being told they were gone, Wade has a short memory, even today they are saying Merger their preferred option but last year they said that then behind the scenes wanted Hobart out, now they are doing the same to Nth Hobart, I havent been to a game in weeks and to be honest not likely to, the standard has dropped again and the gap from top teams to bottom teams no more evident than last weekends scorelines, The Hobart boys must be a strong group to stick it out the way they are and Nth Hobart must be really feeling the pinch

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

I'm more inclined to think Lauderdale will be the surprise packet out of all the southern teams. Glenorchy have been improving & beat Clarence twice & Laderdale once & have lost close ones against Burnie & Launceston.
I thought Clarence were looking ok & got a wake up (again:p) by losing to Glenorchy, but getting kicked to death in Burnie must put them back a bit. Maybe they arent much good without Savage. You would expect Launceston to be a serious threat, they have real experience in finals.
Its a pity that the only attention being paid to local footy is the stuff up over Hobart & North Hobart. If they are silly enough to be forced to amalgamate then I will not support them, ever again.
I heard over a quiet ale that Devonport are next to be paid 'special attention' by the AFL community hit squad. Does that mean getting a New name? new colours? new club song? AFL on the board? who knows?
See you at the SFL finals:eek:

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
I'm more inclined to think Lauderdale will be the surprise packet out of all the southern teams. Glenorchy have been improving & beat Clarence twice & Laderdale once & have lost close ones against Burnie & Launceston.
I thought Clarence were looking ok & got a wake up (again:p) by losing to Glenorchy, but getting kicked to death in Burnie must put them back a bit. Maybe they arent much good without Savage. You would expect Launceston to be a serious threat, they have real experience in finals.
Its a pity that the only attention being paid to local footy is the stuff up over Hobart & North Hobart. If they are silly enough to be forced to amalgamate then I will not support them, ever again.
I heard over a quiet ale that Devonport are next to be paid 'special attention' by the AFL community hit squad. Does that mean getting a New name? new colours? new club song? AFL on the board? who knows?

have heard that the possible name change is to Mersey. But who knows what is going on. Its just 1 total stuff up

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
have heard that the possible name change is to Mersey. But who knows what is going on. Its just 1 total stuff up
That is what was reported in one of the newspapers (must have been the Mercury, the Examiner isn't touching the whole saga). Devonprt will be taken over by AFL Tas, and rebadged Mersey. Presumably with that would be a forced mascot and jumper change, and the probable death of yet another club in the name of Wade's ego.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
That is what was reported in one of the newspapers (must have been the Mercury, the Examiner isn't touching the whole saga). Devonprt will be taken over by AFL Tas, and rebadged Mersey. Presumably with that would be a forced mascot and jumper change, and the probable death of yet another club in the name of Wade's ego.

Howard Littlejohn the article was in the Examiner 21st July here is a link

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/158737/devonport-to-meet-tsl-over-licence/

and it was quickly mentioned in this article from The Mercury on 18th August

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/07/21/348431_afl.html

Interesting Times ahead

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
Wow! I can't believe the ego of AFL Tas in wanting to control a club's board, name, brand, logo and song!

If they ever tried that with Port Melbourne in Victoria, there would be a bloody riot!

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow! I can't believe the ego of AFL Tas in wanting to control a club's board, name, brand, logo and song!

If they ever tried that with Port Melbourne in Victoria, there would be a bloody riot!

AFL Tas are the AFL. Employed & paid by the AFL. Its the same organisation. They like the power & control & walk away from their failures. Everything needs to be changed to suit their ideas. Stuff the clubs, their history, their volunteers & their supporters.
The trouble is that no one knows what their plan is. whats the long term aim? why do they continually change things? what is the end result to be? If they bugger it up, who then fixes it? the volunteers & supporters wont be about to do it.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well the finals are here. I see that Launy play the Roos & the Pies v Bombers all at NHO on saturday & all the colts are at Aurora on sunday.
Lauderdale finally got a win over Clarence, but at what cost? Injuries, injuries, injuries at Lauderdale. They look like missing key forward Cassidy due to a knee & maybe some others? . Clarence fell apart again & look brittle under pressure. They do miss Savage.
Its all falling into place for Burnie maybe?
I wonder if like Hawthorn they get a $$$ bonus for winning the Premiership????

DOSACHOKER1

Debutant
Mar 29, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Mersey Magpies

DOSACHOKER1

Debutant
Mar 29, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What do you reckon the 'new' Hobart team will be called? Hobart Hawks (Yuk)? Lions or seagulls (blue & white)?, Hobart City Crows ?(god no).
Whats your bet.
Hobart city Shafters, will be run by AFL Tas once Hobart and Nth veto any alliance. It will comprise of all of the existing former devils players and most of the current southern based mariners players whom will be ordered across from their clubs, Nth Hobart will provide maybe 6 or 8 of the group, mainly the best guys like Wells, Williams, Owen and Debosz and Hobart will supply Trent Harvey as the token Hobart player because he brings a good culture and attitude and experience (doubt he will play however because the guy has strong loyalty and is at the end of his career).

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hobart city Shafters, will be run by AFL Tas once Hobart and Nth veto any alliance. It will comprise of all of the existing former devils players and most of the current southern based mariners players whom will be ordered across from their clubs, Nth Hobart will provide maybe 6 or 8 of the group, mainly the best guys like Wells, Williams, Owen and Debosz and Hobart will supply Trent Harvey as the token Hobart player because he brings a good culture and attitude and experience (doubt he will play however because the guy has strong loyalty and is at the end of his career).

Colours? Song?
We need a contest for people to suggest what it will look like.!
Then one for Devonport, then South Launy who seem keen on a change.

crows26

Debutant
Oct 31, 2006
Launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What do you reckon the 'new' Hobart team will be called? Hobart Hawks (Yuk)? Lions or seagulls (blue & white)?, Hobart City Crows ?(god no).
Whats your bet.
My feeling is AFLTAS may hook up in some way with the Kangaroos for their new team. Would make some sense if the Kanga's are committing to play in Hobart for several years. Maybe the Kangas would throw some coin in too.....

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hobart City Waders v Mersey Young Boys to start the season.
Yes, its a good start. Keep working on it. Colours, song etc?
Hobart city Waders. Nick name 'the mud skippers' Colour Blue & white. President Bill Sorrell. Song? I can think of a few, one by the sex pistols with a few word changes.
Maybe one based on a Dead Kennedys tune like "too drunk to play football' ;)
Plent of choice for Mersey side stuff.

SDog

Senior List
Jul 19, 2007
Launceston
AFL Club
Sydney
Hobart City Waders v Mersey Young Boys to start the season.
hahaha that is classic. love it

on the serious side clarence haven to be in a world of hurt. only won 1 of last 4 and appear to be hitting skids big time. laun my tip to go all the way, clicking at right time

another laun v burnie GF

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
hahaha that is classic. love it

on the serious side clarence haven to be in a world of hurt. only won 1 of last 4 and appear to be hitting skids big time. laun my tip to go all the way, clicking at right time

another laun v burnie GF

Looks like Clarence & Lauderdale bashed the crap out of each other last week. Time will tell but it does look like a repeate of last years GF coming up. Could the result change?

DOSACHOKER1

Debutant
Mar 29, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Colours? Song?
We need a contest for people to suggest what it will look like.!
Then one for Devonport, then South Launy who seem keen on a change.
same colour as Uni FC and the song could be the Collingwood theme song as Eddie shafts everyone

Back