TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

So you have to pay an extra $10 a month to Stan subscription…**** that! Already had Stan not paying extra on top of that as well as Kayo/Foxtel and Optus. Really stretching football fans loyalty here

Fairly greedy from stan, they don't lower the price when they lost shows and movies once local rights change.

They also aren't raising the price of Stan Sports when acquiring the CL, I think that's the price they originally charged just for the Rugby. It's good that they now have rugby, tennis and CL, but still hard to justify as an additional cost.

We pay for Netflix (which I barely use anymore and am seriously considering ditching), Kayo, Stan, Amazon and Disney+. We get Binge through my brother in law and Optus free through my wife's phone plan. I might stretch myself to Paramount for A-League since they have national team rights too, but Stan Sport on top of all of that is getting to be a lot for something I won't watch all that often.

Kayo over the summer months might get the flick and I'll get Paramount with the savings from that, but it's becoming a lot.

$25 a month to watch the UCL in HD? Yeah, I think I'll pass

Where are you getting that figure from? Isn't it $20 (if you don't already have Stan) or just a new $10 subscription if you do?

Where are you getting that figure from? Isn't it $20 (if you don't already have Stan) or just a new $10 subscription if you do?
Stan sport is an add on. So if you have the basic account it will be $20. You can get hd and 3 screens for $14 (so $24 with sport).

Stan is said to be going hard at sports rights so it will eventually become more reasonable, depending your thoughts on those rights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We pay for Netflix (which I barely use anymore and am seriously considering ditching), Kayo, Stan, Amazon and Disney+. We get Binge through my brother in law and Optus free through my wife's phone plan. I might stretch myself to Paramount for A-League since they have national team rights too, but Stan Sport on top of all of that is getting to be a lot for something I won't watch all that often.

Kayo over the summer months might get the flick and I'll get Paramount with the savings from that, but it's becoming a lot.

Hopefully it doesn’t increase in price whilst doing that. Canceling it from October to February in non-AFL months is a decent $125 saving.

God, this is getting brutal.

I'm fortunate that I'm on a great Kayo deal at the moment. Outside of sport I have Netflix an Apple Music. I love the A-League, so that $9 to Paramount will be a no brainer. I got a $99 for 12 months deal on Optus last August, which I'll do again if they offer it again cos of the World Cup next year.

It really starts to add up. I don't think I'll be going near Stan Sport or whatever the * this sports flix thing is (maybe Stan for the last 1-2 months of the UCL).

It's still crazy to me that a sport that is a "minority" sport when it suits the mainstream narrative is being used as a catalyst by streaming services because they know football fans are bonkers and will follow it anywhere.

Hopefully it doesn’t increase in price whilst doing that. Canceling it from October to February in non-AFL months is a decent $125 saving.

If anything it'll drop in price. All they have is some Big Bash games.

I've found that, at the start of the sporting seasons (or if you have a phone with Telstra) you can always get a special for Kayo. No one should really be paying more than $15 for Kayo given how readily available specials are (I'm only paying $5 a month at the moment, and I'll literally leave it on forever if they just keep charging me that!)

Yep Kayo is gone once NRL and AFL finish for the year, will just renew once it comes back (and I am sure that'll come with some discount offers to come back)

Yep Kayo is gone once NRL and AFL finish for the year, will just renew once it comes back (and I am sure that'll come with some discount offers to come back)

Yeah I'd only use it for the odd Championship game. Thinking about it, if Hull are televised then we don't have iFollow access, so I'd almost have to get it, but is a big price just for the odd game.

So no interest in other leagues that BEIN show? Or do you access another way?

I ditched my foxtel sub because it was too expensive but now it's basically the same costs.

Someone needs to come up with an all in one subscription service.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back