TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

ODI world cup Aussie games will always be on FTA. The other games may go to Prime but who cares about watching Netherlands vs Sri Lanka at the 2027 WC.

FFS I was discussing this with a mate who's an IT guru about this being an app idea.........
Maybe the same people who care about watching Wellington vs Central Coast…

Is that the second choice tillies?

Just had a look at the lineup, it’s a very strong Australia side with plenty of World Cup players.

The channel 10 feed is an absolute mess. Keeps freezing and breaking up.

I reckon an app where you could manage all football streaming in one place could be a goer.
Foxtel and Optus have agreed to allow Optus Sport on the iq boxes these days (at least the 4 and 5). It’s not that hard to enable a streaming channel from there (a La Fetch in the past). It’s just dick measuring stopping it…

That's a nice little cherry on top. I don't imagine EFL fixtures would garner too many subscribers though would it by themselves? Apart from a few die hard Hull fans in Sydney haha

You don't think Leeds/Southampton/Leicester/Middlesbrough/etc. have many fans outside the UK?

Unfortunately you are right about Leeds haha.

I know of only a few Leiciester fans. Have never met a Boro or Soton fan.

Boro have plenty because of the Aussie connection, I play football with a couple of Southampton supporters, plus a Sheff Wednesday supporter, so they're out there.

When I was in the pub to watch Hull v Swansea a Plymouth fan had the Sunderland (another big supporter base btw) v Plymouth game on.

Boro have plenty because of the Aussie connection, I play football with a couple of Southampton supporters, plus a Sheff Wednesday supporter, so they're out there.

When I was in the pub to watch Hull v Swansea a Plymouth fan had the Sunderland (another big supporter base btw) v Plymouth game on.

I know a few Sundeland supporters.

I doubt a Championship streaming service would be financially viable here though. Just not a big enough market to support it on its own.

I know a few Sundeland supporters.

I doubt a Championship streaming service would be financially viable here though. Just not a big enough market to support it on its own.

Who said anything about a Championship streaming service? We're talking about EFL being included with PL and having viewers of its own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will learn, don't worry ;)

Perhaps I will, but my original point was actually that Bein allows you the benefit of sleep by being able to watch first thing in the morning. Would have thought that's a reason to get it, rather than being able to watch live.

I just got a random email from FITE TV that they’ll be doing English language broadcasts of the Portuguese league. As far as I can tell it’ll be available on their broader FITE + subscription service, which is $7 a month.

Optus having all the Euro Leagues will be a wise move. They only have LaLiga and EPL

They need local content on in prime time desperately.

Advertisers just aren't that interested In sports screening mostly in the middle of the night.

wtf is this from Optus Sports' website.
GAm7Xb6aAAAfUqp
144p is the Manchester United resolution. Blurry enough you don't actually see how shit they are playing.

Need 4k and get Serie A off beIN Sports for 2024-25

I'm not as fussed with Serie A, I only watch the big matches. But even having made the switch to Optus (from Kayo/BeIN) this season, I'm really missing the Bundesliga. I didn't realise how much of it I watched, especially last season watching Union Berlin's charge, which was the most organically fun season I've watched a team have since Leicester City won the EPL.

It was even more heartbreaking that BeIN didn't announce the extension of its Bundesliga rights til the eve of the season, so I spent weeks living in hope that it would make its way to Optus :(

Kayo price rise incoming to accommodate 4K streams

How is my Kayo Sports subscription changing?
Kayo Sports is changing its pricing and packaging structure. From 14 February 2024, the new structure will be:
  • Kayo One at $25 per month (1 stream and up to HD) and,
  • Kayo Basic at $35 per month (2 streams and up to 4K).

I’m a Kayo Premium customer. What does this mean for me?
  • From 14 February 2024, existing Kayo Premium customers will be migrated to Kayo Basic, which means the number of devices you can stream on at once will change from 3 to 2.
  • You will be able to experience Kayo in 4K* in March 2024.
  • Your price will remain as $35 per month.

I’m a Kayo Basic customer. What does this mean for me?
  • Existing Kayo Basic customers will have a price increase from $30 per month to $35 per month on their next billing date from 14 February 2024.
  • Kayo Basic customers will experience Kayo in 4K* in March 2024.
Note: If you’re an existing Kayo Basic customer who is billed via Apple, you’ll be notified of the price change by Apple via email during February and March. This email will include the date on which your price will change.

Kayo price rise incoming to accommodate 4K streams

How is my Kayo Sports subscription changing?
Kayo Sports is changing its pricing and packaging structure. From 14 February 2024, the new structure will be:
  • Kayo One at $25 per month (1 stream and up to HD) and,
  • Kayo Basic at $35 per month (2 streams and up to 4K).

I’m a Kayo Premium customer. What does this mean for me?
  • From 14 February 2024, existing Kayo Premium customers will be migrated to Kayo Basic, which means the number of devices you can stream on at once will change from 3 to 2.
  • You will be able to experience Kayo in 4K* in March 2024.
  • Your price will remain as $35 per month.

I’m a Kayo Basic customer. What does this mean for me?
  • Existing Kayo Basic customers will have a price increase from $30 per month to $35 per month on their next billing date from 14 February 2024.
  • Kayo Basic customers will experience Kayo in 4K* in March 2024.
Note: If you’re an existing Kayo Basic customer who is billed via Apple, you’ll be notified of the price change by Apple via email during February and March. This email will include the date on which your price will change.

Bizarre. They have less and less sports.

TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back