TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Love my British crime drama.

Luther, Line of Duty, Happy Valley etc.

Just getting into Broadchurch (seems v good) & absolutely loved Unforgotten.

I regret to admit that I used to regularly watch The Bill back in its day, and before that Z Cars, though that's probably before your time. And I thought there was meant to be a news series of Line of Duty?

Collateral, Marcella, Criminal United Kingdom etc

I regret to admit that I used to regularly watch The Bill back in its day, and before that Z Cars, though that's probably before your time. And I thought there was meant to be a news series of Line of Duty?
Season 6 was released earlier this year.

The Bill was the best.
Mourned on the day it finished.
Best of British.

Recently I sat through 10 episodes of a show called La Brea. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Not sure why I persisted except that the back ground looked familiar and I checked it up and was filmed entirely in Victoria. Mt Macedon, Coburg, City, Port Melbourne etc. So kept watching to see if I could recognise the background.

It is about a city and a huge sinkhole where hundreds of people disappeared into the past. UGH!

The script had so many holes it should have been name Scriptholes. Acting wasn't that much better.

Sometimes boredom wins.:)

Last edited:
Recently I sat through 10 episodes of a show called La Brea. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Not sure why I persisted except that the back ground looked familiar and I checked it up and was filmed entirely in Victoria. Mt Macedon, Coburg, City, Port Melbourne etc. So kept watching to see if I could recognise the background.

It is about a city and a huge sinkhole where hundreds of people disappeared into the past. UGH!

The script had so many holes it should have been name Scriptholes. Acting wasn't that much better.

The star, Natalie Zea, is one of my favorites. I did contemplate attempting to stalk her when she was out here filming this.

Last edited by a moderator:

I make TV viewing easy on myself. I don't watch Australian dramas or movies. That way I avoid the inevitable disappointment of poor acting and thin scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love watching cricket, but find the Big Bash completely uninteresting. Wife loves it, so it is on every night.
I make TV viewing easy on myself. I don't watch Australian dramas or movies. That way I avoid the inevitable disappointment of poor acting and thin scripts.
That's that way old Jonbe feels about our posts!

What?

You didn't watch Wentworth?

As Barnsy would say, "Fuggen classic". lol

Mind you I love some shows that are bad, real bad.

Do yourself an unfavour & watch "Gary Busey Pet Judge", cancelled after one season.

Mrs OA laughs at me laughing how bad it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Aussie show that no-one should miss is Mr Inbetween.

Absolute quality. I got the tip about this one from Swipey if I remember correctly.

First Aussie production that I became fanatical about watching.

There are certain things you just can't say in polite society, which makes BF a useful outlet.

Succession...I just don't think that much of the show. It's okay, not much more than that. The dialogue is repetitive and the plot goes around in circles and I've seen more character development on Home and Away. Scenes of people getting in and out of planes/cars/boats/helicopters can become tiring, and the accompaniment of dramatic music doesn't actually make it any more dramatic.

Finish.

There are certain things you just can't say in polite society, which makes BF a useful outlet.

Succession...I just don't think that much of the show. It's okay, not much more than that. The dialogue is repetitive and the plot goes around in circles and I've seen more character development on Home and Away. Scenes of people getting in and out of planes/cars/boats/helicopters can become tiring, and the accompaniment of dramatic music doesn't actually make it any more dramatic.

Finish.
I got bored with the show by season 3. I agree with you. I think it is overrated.

I thought Anne Boleyn on Prime was English drama at its best. Loved it. However the critics disagree with me and IMDB only rates it 5.7 out of 10. So it's probably nowhere near as good as I think it is. If you don't have Prime, don't waste your money. I don't pay for it. I also rarely watch anything on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back