Rumour Ubisoft CEO: Next Generation Will Be The Last Generation Of Consoles

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes! However!

The Switch concept will likely be where companies go.
Consoles will just be smaller and integrated into a handheld device. You still need a device sizeable enough to hold powerful gaming components/cpu.

Maybe like Apple Tv box with handheld optional?!
You still want that trademark look, but in a much smaller package.

Portability!

Last edited:
Seems like a great way to slow technological progression even more if we are just going full portable... PC gaming will surge at least.

I thought this generation was going to be the last generation. I thought they were just going to keep iterating on the Xbox One forever too. I also thought mobile gaming was going to kill consoles back in 2013 and that consoles would essentially be reduced to thin clients with processing occurring in the cloud.

Sure have sold a lot of PS4s and plenty of Ones this gen, though.

hopefully not im shithouse with a mouse and keyboard

Even if you werent a fan of it, theres nothing stopping anyone from plugging in a past or future generic controller.

Advantage and disadvantage is different each game if at all. Certainly no one would play a fighter with a keyboard.

Ken Olsen also said there would be no reason for anyone to have a personal computer in their home. Speculation about the future in technology is a complete and utter waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd assume the future is already what we see with PS4/Pro and XB1/X. There will simply be regular updates to the existing consoles and games will be compatible with each system. It's basically a simplified version of PC gaming and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back