Champs Lg UEFA Champions League 2022/23 (Winners: Manchester City)

Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the rule, that's the rule, although if Kane was ahead of the pass when it was made it was by mm.

It's such an anti football rule though. He didn't have an unfair advantage, I watched with my lad and we were both annoyed when Spurs scored and cheered when it was ruled out. But for me, the goal should have stood, and if the rules say different the rules should be changed.

If that's the rule, that's the rule, although if Kane was ahead of the pass when it was made it was by mm.

It's such an anti football rule though. He didn't have an unfair advantage, I watched with my lad and we were both annoyed when Spurs scored and cheered when it was ruled out. But for me, the goal should have stood, and if the rules say different the rules should be changed.
Yeah I thought a pass played back was always onside. From the still images it looks that way.

Wouldn't be impossible for the VAR to make a human error. The idiots controlling it in the aleague didn't overturn a red card that was barely a yellow on the weekend

Yeah I thought a pass played back was always onside. From the still images it looks that way.

Wouldn't be impossible for the VAR to make a human error. The idiots controlling it in the aleague didn't overturn a red card that was barely a yellow on the weekend
That's not the rule and never has been. Most people are getting it confused with a player behind the ball being passed back to. Kane gained an unfair advantage being offside on a deflection to him, not a ball being played at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not the rule and never has been. Most people are getting it confused with a player behind the ball being passed back to. Kane gained an unfair advantage being offside on a deflection to him, not a ball being played at
Fair enough. The thing I can't quite get is they are lining up Kane's knee infront of the ball. Must be some sort of angle that shows it clearer than what the var blue and red line has shown

Spurs have a history of late VAR drama in CL games IIRC.

Fair enough. The thing I can't quite get is they are lining up Kane's knee infront of the ball. Must be some sort of angle that shows it clearer than what the var blue and red line has shown
I can’t understand how it took 4 minutes. They made a song and dance about having semi-automated VAR and yet it that wasn’t used. Back to man drawn lines

The player has to be behind the ball. You could have two players clear through on goal, with the player receiving the pass starting a run behind the ball, and the other play the ball forwards and that's still onside.

1. Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.
A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
  • second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

That should clear up any confusion.

I can’t understand how it took 4 minutes. They made a song and dance about having semi-automated VAR and yet it that wasn’t used. Back to man drawn lines

Probably due to establishing the line for Emerson who was mid air when he headed back across to Kane.

The player has to be behind the ball. You could have two players clear through on goal, with the player receiving the pass starting a run behind the ball, and the other play the ball forwards and that's still onside.
Yeah that's the thing from the camera angle it looks like Kane is behind the ball. Then the VAR line has his knee ahead. As Art said took 4 mins to come up with those 2 lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back