Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 (Manchester City Champions)

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we’re not winning. We conceded three to Hammers who flew back from a late Thursday night euro game and nothing to play for. And now we’re without Bamford and Rodrigo.

Think Everton will beat Bournemouth
Spurs will still find a way to lose. They shut up shop weeks ago.

One of the worst games I've ever watched but if that's the point to help us stay up, so be it.

Dean Smith got his tactics right in the circumstances. Pack the defence and bang it long for 60 minutes then bring on Madison and Barnes. Castagne nearly won it at the death. It could prove to be a very handy point.

Spurs will still find a way to lose. They shut up shop weeks ago.
We can't even beach properly. Sacked the manager while we were 4th. Won like two games since.
Leicester and Everton need a result because Leeds will get 1 or 3 points.

Dean Smith got his tactics right in the circumstances. Pack the defence and bang it long for 60 minutes then bring on Madison and Barnes. Castagne nearly won it at the death. It could prove to be a very handy point.
I don't know, it could be valuable but it was also an opportunity to go into the last game with survival in their own hands.

I don't know, it could be valuable but it was also an opportunity to go into the last game with survival in their own hands.
I've heard that suggestion but based on the last 3 months of games, if we'd tried that, we'd have probably lost 6-1.

It now does force Everton to win (provided we do as well - no sure thing...)

Don’t think Leicester have shown anything in a while that suggests they’ll beat West Ham. There’s a bit of a gap between the last game and the conference league final so they can’t afford to be resting many players either.

Would love a Leicester/Bournemouth double on the weekend but not sure I can see it.

I'd be shocked (and pleased) if Everton didn't get the win needed at home. Just don't see Bournemouth having any motivation and Everton being desperate.

I'd be shocked (and pleased) if Everton didn't get the win needed at home. Just don't see Bournemouth having any motivation and Everton being desperate.

I see a team like Bournemouth having plenty of motivation to be honest.

On a high from surviving the drop after many wrote them off I can see them being motivated to finish the season off with a win.

Potentially leap frogging Wolves and West Ham on the table if other results go their way.

Don’t think Leicester have shown anything in a while that suggests they’ll beat West Ham. There’s a bit of a gap between the last game and the conference league final so they can’t afford to be resting many players either.

Would love a Leicester/Bournemouth double on the weekend but not sure I can see it.

If I was Moyes I wouldn't be risking Rice, Bowen, Paqueta, Benrahma, Antonio or Ings.

If I was Moyes I wouldn't be risking Rice, Bowen, Paqueta, Benrahma, Antonio or Ings.
They need to keep the legs sharp though and have a 10 day break. Resting them now would result in them having a 17 day break between games which is incredibly long. Fiorentina have more games to go, will be sharper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong XI, loads of kids on the bench.

Shea Charles I've heard might be on the move, Alex Robertson our first Aussie since Tiatto I think, Ben Knight I'd imagine would be elsewhere next season and Nico O'Reilly is one looking really good in the academy. Add in Cole Palmer on the bench and Foden and Lewis in the XI and its a good day for the academy.

Shouldn’t City be on the beach until the CL Final? I am surprised Pep has gone with such a strong lineup.
I think this and Sunday will be two similar lineups. Fairly strong, but will give everyone a chance to rest up.

Tough game for us. Really struggle in possession against a very good press.

And not seen our defence struggle as much for a long while.

Worried about possible injuries for Foden, Stones and Bernardo. Now think we need the weekend at full strength just to get a bit of mojo and rhythm back.

So have I got this right.

City, Arsenal, Newcastle into the Champions League. United too if they get a point in the next two games.

Liverpool and Brighton into Europa.

Villa or Spurs into the Conference League.

West Ham into Europa if they win their final.

So have I got this right.

City, Arsenal, Newcastle into the Champions League. United too if they get a point in the next two games.

Liverpool and Brighton into Europa.

Villa or Spurs into the Conference League.

West Ham into Europa if they win their final.

Yeah.

If City win the Champions League it won't affect the English clubs next season. As they have already qualified for next season's CL by winning the PL, their qualifying place (last 32) will drop down to the winners of the Ukraine league.

If Hammers win the Conference league England will get a third team in next year's Europa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back