MMA-UFC UFC 252

Remove this Banner Ad

Stipe should have finished DC off at the end of the second. When he put him down with that right, he came in too hot and allowed DC to clinch him while on the floor and Stipe couldn't really do anything in the last 20 seconds. If he was more measured he could have started laying into him properly and the ref would most likely have stopped it, as DC was really dazed and there for the taking. He proved it by asking his corner if he was dropped there at the end of that round as he had no idea.

Such a shame eye pokes have been so significant in these fights and the Jones fights as well. These guys just do it too often and must be punished more.

I think DCs physicality and fitness ultimately lets him down. Not only does he gas out quite hard in these last two fights. He’s like 5 foot 10 or 11, with a clear high level of body fat, he shouldn’t be fighting at heavyweight.

I mean the guy goes down as a great, so I’m probably wrong but you have to wonder if he had committed his fitness long term what he could have done.

Well my tips were garbage, but it was a good event overall.

Stipe clearly won. Both look pretty slow overall though and I don't think Stipe has much left in the tank. Some of the younger, faster HW's coming through should knock him off the perch soon enough. Both DC and Stipe are both far past their best.

Good effort by DC, still a tough arse warrior.

Well my tips were garbage, but it was a good event overall.

Stipe clearly won. Both look pretty slow overall though and I don't think Stipe has much left in the tank. Some of the younger, faster HW's coming through should knock him off the perch soon enough. Both DC and Stipe are both far past their best.

Good effort by DC, still a tough arse warrior.

True, i went 0 from 3 in my multi ha ha

Yeah I had Stipe 48-47 I think, i'm a DC fan though so may have been biased. Had a great career, he should be proud of what he achieved.

Ngannou is coming for that belt.

Odds have been released for him v Stipe, Francis is a big favourite, I feel like it's worth betting on Stipe.

Rounds 4 and 5 shouldn't have been close. DC with 1 eye and poor cardio, Stipe having close rounds in those conditions really point to him having lost a step. He's the HW goat without doubt but I think the Ngannou fight goes differently next time.

I hope Jones comes up, fights Rozenstruik or Volkov for a win then fights Ngannou/Stipe winner.

Rounds 4 and 5 shouldn't have been close. DC with 1 eye and poor cardio, Stipe having close rounds in those conditions really point to him having lost a step. He's the HW goat without doubt but I think the Ngannou fight goes differently next time.

I hope Jones comes up, fights Rozenstruik or Volkov for a win then fights Ngannou/Stipe winner.

Am i the only one who has no interest in seeing Jones fight again, pissed hot multiple times and just generally a s**t human.

Am i the only one who has no interest in seeing Jones fight again, pissed hot multiple times and just generally a sh*t human.
Many a fighter, and athlete in general are s**t humans. Floyd, Conor, Tyson and so on, i dont watch them for their morality. Its why sports leagues should shove their virtue signalling in general

Hes still the GOAT and would be a very intriguing fight against Ngannou/Stipe...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you couldn't enjoy watching Jones especially in his prime I don't know why you even watch the sport.

I didn't say i never enjoyed watching him, how many drug tests do you need to fail before the goat talk stops though?

He was beating legends before USADA was even a thing.

Lance armstrong was beating legends as well...to say he never tested positive before usada means nothing imo

Just saying in any other sport people would be crucified for one test fail, Jones has failed 3 now.

Am i the only one who has no interest in seeing Jones fight again, pissed hot multiple times and just generally a sh*t human.
I want Jones to fight like he did Against Reyes round 3/4/5. Not him being super careful to win easy decisions

Just saying in any other sport people would be crucified for one test fail, Jones has failed 3 now.

2 after USADA as well.

He's good enough to be GOAT but his career should always have an asterisk against it.

Funnily enough the guy is a serial poker too, far more than DC.

Don't think anyone has had more chances in both their career and in life and constantly f***ed up.

If he didn't have the talent he does, would have been cut from the UFC years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back