MMA-UFC UFC 296 - Sunday 17th December, 10:00AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

1702172602759.png

Early Prelims - 10am AEDT
Prelims - 12pm AEDT
Main - 2pm AEDT

Should be a cracker. Looking forward to Garbrandt-Kelleher, Emmett-Mitchell and all the main card fights. Would be sweet to see both Garry and Pimblett get dropped too.

Amazing card. Tagir and Menifield v Jacoby on the early prelims is pretty good evidence of its depth.

Early thoughts:

Emmett - has a very good ground game but should be able to keep this standing and batter Bryce
Garbrandt - should be too good, but that chin...
Garry - huge test for him here, both with Luque being a quality fighter and the insane noise around him. Serious talent though
Pimblett - like his last few, I think Tony will have his moments but inevitably be finished
Shavkat - levels above an aging Wonderboy in the grappling, and I hope we see him impose that
Pantoja - had Royval's measure the first time, and can't see that changing
Edwards - has good enough wrestling to be the first man to take Usman down, and with his size and striking ability, he looks as good a matchup for Colby as anyone in WW

I hope Ian Garry is in Colby's crosshairs
Would be the greatest press conference moment in history if Colby and Leon fist bumped in the middle and then both rained hell on Garry.

Colbys bits write themselves aswell, bring the Wag book and pretend to read it. Get a 'just cuck it' hat

😂

Would be the greatest press conference moment in history if Colby and Leon fist bumped in the middle and then both rained hell on Garry.

Colbys bits write themselves aswell, bring the Wag book and pretend to read it. Get a 'just cuck it' hat

😂
After the Danis promo on Paul and the heat that generated Colby has a golden opportunity here. Especially as Garry is so disliked and such a giant tool. Hope he goes nuclear tbh

Not a Colby fan and don't watch pressers ever, but this could be a good one. Shame Strickland isn't on the card

After the Danis promo on Paul and the heat that generated Colby has a golden opportunity here. Especially as Garry is so disliked and such a giant tool. Hope he goes nuclear tbh

Not a Colby fan and don't watch pressers ever, but this could be a good one. Shame Strickland isn't on the card
Yeah especially because everyone wants Ian Garry to cop it as well, you can get popular bullying someone at this press conference for sure. I think he will mostly go after Leon tho, colbys in the selling fights business and him destroying Garry as much as id love it does nothing for his fight with leon

Yeah especially because everyone wants Ian Garry to cop it as well, you can get popular bullying someone at this press conference for sure. I think he will mostly go after Leon tho, colbys in the selling fights business and him destroying Garry as much as id love it does nothing for his fight with leon
Most of his time will be berating Leon but I doubt he lets Garry off the hook

Sets up his next fight against a good stylistic matchup. If Garry won and Colby won, with enough heat there's a title fight. He won't let this one through to the keeper

Most of his time will be berating Leon but I doubt he lets Garry off the hook

Sets up his next fight against a good stylistic matchup. If Garry won and Colby won, with enough heat there's a title fight. He won't let this one through to the keeper
I totally forgot they were same division when I said that, ******* tired today lol.

Colby has so much potential but he just stumbles and stutters over his words too much to be at the level of the greats on the mic like Chael and Conor

I do love the ufc fandom turning on Gary after how much of a flog he has been. Accusing Magny of child abuse and making t shirts of mugshots then following it up by threatening to sue Sean Strickland of all people is nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will guess predicting the card.

O'Niel Vs Lipski - O'Niel via decision

Garbrandt vs Kelleher - Garbrandt via KO/TKO

Aldana Vs Rosa - Aldana via Decision

Emmett vs Mitchell - Mitchell via UD

Luque vs Garry - Garry via decision/ potentially KO/TKO late in the fight

Ferguson vs Pimblett - Pimblett via decision. Don't rate either fighter (Ferguson is done. Pimblett isn't very good).

Rakhmonov Vs Thompson - Rakhmonov via KO/TKO. Future champ I think. Wins this easily.

Pantoja vs Royval - Pantoja via KO/TKO in the middle to later rounds. Fight of the night potential.

Edwards vs Covington - Edwards via decision. Have no real idea about this one. Should be a good fight.

Wow, Garry has actually been bullied out of the fight. I actually feel sorry for the guy. Obviously it's a product of his own manufactured narrative but I've never seen such a majority of the MMA community go after 1 go so relentlessly.

Speaking of manufactured, I find it so hard to watch Colby, and especially on Embedded. When he's interacting with the public, or when he gets caught out speaking too long about training and whatnot, the façade slips and he seems such a normal, nice guy (and yes, I understand that's why he does it). Then he goes back into character and he starts stumbling over his words, sprouting half-arsed insults. The nicknames are great of course, so at least it's given us that.

On the flip side - Wonderboy, what a guy.

Wow, Garry has actually been bullied out of the fight. I actually feel sorry for the guy. Obviously it's a product of his own manufactured narrative but I've never seen such a majority of the MMA community go after 1 go so relentlessly.

Speaking of manufactured, I find it so hard to watch Colby, and especially on Embedded. When he's interacting with the public, or when he gets caught out speaking too long about training and whatnot, the façade slips and he seems such a normal, nice guy (and yes, I understand that's why he does it). Then he goes back into character and he starts stumbling over his words, sprouting half-arsed insults. The nicknames are great of course, so at least it's given us that.

On the flip side - Wonderboy, what a guy.
I think I'd feel sorry for him if he didn't try and destroy Neil mangny. Bro got what he deserved

I think I'd feel sorry for him if he didn't try and destroy Neil mangny. Bro got what he deserved
It's just one of many ugly things the guy has done, and I think it's the forced aspect that has never flown with the public.

But still interesting when terrible people like Tony Ferguson have remained insanely popular throughout the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back