MMA-UFC UFC 296 - Sunday 17th December, 10:00AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

He does stick that chin in the air on exchanges still, really needs to protect himself more I agree. He's become a draw so has to fight big names now, Ferguson was an ideal one but it's getting harder from here.

100%. I actually think he would be an ideal comeback opponent for Conor.... if Conor has anything left, he likely chins him early and walks away like the Cerrone fight looking like he's "back" to the casual fans. If Paddie can use his size and grappling to his advantage and pull off a win over Conor on the other hand, it could elevate him to the top of those UK cards as well as give him an in to fighting some of the very best in the division.

100%. I actually think he would be an ideal comeback opponent for Conor.... if Conor has anything left, he likely chins him early and walks away like the Cerrone fight looking like he's "back" to the casual fans. If Paddie can use his size and grappling to his advantage and pull off a win over Conor on the other hand, it could elevate him to the top of those UK cards as well as give him an in to fighting some of the very best in the division.
0 chance Conor takes that fight.

Yeah that's a great comeback for Conor actually, he's fighting a guy who's not far off main eventing, they're from the same part of the world and it's winnable too. Would be fun too, they both like to get stuck in.

I get his story is great but how the * does anyone like Leon? Didn't wanna fight Colby till the UFC forced him, now hes saying he doesn't wanna fight belal even though belal is exactly in the same position he was before and was complaining about it.
Already wants to move up despite doing * all as champion
Christ I just want him to lose his belt to anyone more interesting

I get his story is great but how the * does anyone like Leon? Didn't wanna fight Colby till the UFC forced him, now hes saying he doesn't wanna fight belal even though belal is exactly in the same position he was before and was complaining about it.
Colby had fought four times in four years, two of the fights being losses. No matter what the ufc wanted Colby didn't really deserve the shot.
Imo Belal should be next. Has to be Belal or possibly Shavkat. I hadn't heard that he is thinking about MW... Same height as Whittaker. 183cm

Last edited:
Shavkat doesn't seem to have too much trouble with the weight cut, despite looking far too big for the class (has a noticeably bigger frame than a lot of MWs). If you can make it without killing yourself, fighting at the lower weight is generally the way to go.

It has to be Belal next. I can see why Leon has no interest; it didn't last long but Belal was offering even less than Colby did when they fought each other. Still, he has the best case. Sorry Usman, but you might need to step up again and face another young monster.

I like fighters who carry themselves with professionalism, respect their opponent, etc. Leon is a fantastic champion. Colby didn't deserve to be anywhere near a title shot, and I reckon Belal is deserving of a shot but he's a boring fighter so unfortunately the UFC tend to go elsewhere.

Leon is knocking down whoever they put infront of him, that's all he can do. He doesn't matchmake so not wanting to fight others in the division isn't really his choice. He can either vacate and go up but the UFC will pick his opponents whether he likes it or not. He doesn't have the pull of a McGregor or someone to hold much power in those negotiations despite holding the belt.

Anywho I hope Colby is done now. I liked the guy when I came at it from a viewpoint of him playing a character and seeing clips of him being a genuinely nice guy (IMO I thought it was his true persona) but gee did he do plenty to show what an arsehole he is in the lead up to the fight. Turned a lot of people off and even his biggest fans.

Takes some kind of person to stoop to insulting the dead relatives of an opponent. One of the worst things I've seen in the lead up to a fight to be honest.

Not to mention he freezes in the big moments, he said he broke his foot or something but the guy was tentative throughout and Leon saw that little of a threat that he started taking him down and beating him at his own game lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back