MMA-UFC UFC 295

Remove this Banner Ad

What a dumb fight by Jiri, you don't go into the pocket against Alex P
The thing is, he'll watch that replay with his coaches and do the same thing every time. Just how Jiri rolls.

I'm not as negative on that stoppage honestly. I know Jiri would prefer to be stretchered out of there, but looked like there was only 1 way it was going. Sucks though, as Jiri was looking awesome.

Jiri is the best guy in the sport

He'll be back after screaming at a few more trees
Pretty sure he will punish himself with a month in a room with no lights

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Pereira there for the taking but not many at 205 have the grappling to do it. Lucky for him
He's been kissed on the **** in his UFC career to this point, let's be honest. An elite combat sports athlete obviously, but he's strolled into two divisions now and basically had tailor-made (but not weak by any means) opponents the whole time. If Rakic beats Jan he'd have the size and the all-round game to challenge, but other than that, any legit contenders are strikers.

He's been kissed on the **** in his UFC career to this point, let's be honest. An elite combat sports athlete obviously, but he's strolled into two divisions now and basically had tailor-made (but not weak by any means) opponents the whole time. If Rakic beats Jan he'd have the size and the all-round game to challenge, but other than that, any legit contenders are strikers.
I dunno about kissed on the dick he flogged everyone and then beat the champion

Ankalaev the other one but he's probably 2 great wins away

What a dumb fight by Jiri, you don't go into the pocket against Alex P
Adesanya did and knocked Pereira out.

Just shows there are levels to striking and you'd have to say Izzy + Alex are just on another level to everybody else. Genuinely think Adesanya might be the only guy on the planet that can beat Pereira in MMA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's face it UFC was hoping he'd come in and Izzy would flog him, it was a cherry pick gone wrong

Lol suck s**t Izzy, poatan did what izzy couldn't
Truth be told - Dana probably wanted this. Gives him a great excuse to book Izzy in another LHW title fight against a guy that he knows he's capable of beating. I suspect Adesanya knew this was on the cards and has been 'taking time off' to put on weight. Izzy v Pereira for the LHW title in the first half of 2024 and if he wins then have him go back down to MW to face the winner of Du Plessis v Strickland. If it's Du Plessis then do it in Africa. That's probably a perfect world scenario for Dana.

Truth be told - Dana probably wanted this. Gives him a great excuse to book Izzy in another LHW title fight against a guy that he knows he's capable of beating. I suspect Adesanya knew this was on the cards and has been 'taking time off' to put on weight. Izzy v Pereira for the LHW title in the first half of 2024 and if he wins then have him go back down to MW to face the winner of Du Plessis v Strickland. If it's Du Plessis then do it in Africa. That's probably a perfect world scenario for Dana.
Izzy struggled to beat Alex when Alex was weight drained to all s**t, he ain't hurting Alex at 205.

Izzy struggled to beat Alex when Alex was weight drained to all s**t, he ain't hurting Alex at 205.
In what way did he struggle to beat him? Almost got him out of there in the first fight and did it in 3 rounds in the second fight. Was up 3 rounds to 1 on all judges cards when he got finished in the 5th

Nah. Dana just said hill is next and Izzy is a middle weight so try again

Ankalaev the other one but he's probably 2 great wins away
Not your normal Dagestani fighter but yes, would imagine his ground game is well and truly enough.

Let's face it UFC was hoping he'd come in and Izzy would flog him, it was a cherry pick gone wrong
Has worked out alright. He's got the mystical warrior thing going for him, stands and bangs, and is a very likeable guy. Accelerated into the title shot for the Izzy storyline, and his established himself as the main character.

The guy is a UFC legend now, no matter what happens from here. Absolutely not his problem at all that MW and LHW are filled with strikers at the moment. Just the opposite.

Nah. Dana just said hill is next and Izzy is a middle weight so try again
That's not what he said. The exact quote was "Israel's a weight class below him now but we've seen that. Jamahl Hill, when he's ready, is the fight that makes sense." He also said he didn't know the current status of Hill's injury.

Nothing definitive about that quote and he's given no indication of when Hill is likely to return. Dana often says a fight "makes sense" but then it doesn't happen. He could have easily been more firm and said 'Jamahl is next' but he didn't. So that leads me to believe that the door is open for Izzy if he wants it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back