Boxing Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou | October 28, 2023 (4am Sunday AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Time

It is 4am Sunday morning for the card start, but the main event is expected around 8.40am Melbourne time.

That information is according to this page.

Card

fight card fury ngannou.png

Overview

World Boxing Council heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (33-0-1) takes on newcomer Francis Ngannou (0-0) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

The champ's reported purse is around 38m quid, the challenger's is said to be something like 10m.

Fury was reigning UFC heavyweight champ, but refused the UFC's offers for a new contract after lengthy negotiations.

Some people were saying Ngannou was crazy to walk away from the UFC, but now he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Does he have a realistic chances against the Gypsy King? The betting markets say 'no'.

Fury has already organised and begun marketing his next fight, vs Oleksandr Usyk in December.

That gives you some idea of how seriously he is taking the threat of Ngannou.

Odds (as at October 25, via betfair)

odds ngannou fury.png

This equates to an implied probability of around 94% for Fury.

I don't know if Fury has ever been such a strong favourite leading into a fight before.

Promo

to borrow the footy vernacular, "training the house down"...

AA1iPY7G.img

Sunday is all about this event. No UFC on.
This is gonna be massive. Really looking forward to it. Pity about the time zone, another set the alarm job. Wouldn't mind watching a few of the undercard fights.
Francis gets his dream - to box.. but to box the HW champion of the world... Pretty amazing tbh.

May the best man win.

to borrow the footy vernacular, "training the house down"...

AA1iPY7G.img

In his interview with Ariel, Tyson said he has barely seen his newborn child because he has been too busy training for the past two months.

I believed him... but after seeing this photo, many people wouldn't.

It can be a fool's errand to compare photos due to different angles, lighting, poses, etc.

But for the record, here's some pics from Fury's fights vs Wilder.

1280x720_20200206203136.jpg

Furythumb.jpg

ff36b8b0-4c37-11ea-bbbf-da72d257c545

fury-wilder-finish.jpg

Here is a screenshot from a recent interview posted on twitter:

still tyson fury.jpg

One site had walkouts in an hour from now. I think there's one fight left before main. Hopefully this doesn't drag out for too long.. need more sleep.
Talk of a mini concert/ performance before the main

Or was I hearing things

One site had walkouts in an hour from now. I think there's one fight left before main. Hopefully this doesn't drag out for too long.. need more sleep.

They’ve got an opening ceremony and music etc, it’s gonna drag out alright.

I’m excited now, huge event. I hope Francis does well but I have 10 on Fury by KO in round 3 and 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of this 'singing' is garbage.

Makes the AFL half time show look the Super Bowl half time show by comparison.

I been up since 5.. that's exactly 3 hours and 24 minutes too long.
😫
To think I could've slept in till about now.. silly man!

Around 8am they put a countdown timer on saying 60 mins to go. Once it got down to 0 minutes they added another 20 minutes to it. Now 930am and the ring walks are still going. The promoters / organisers are shameless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back