MMA-UFC UFC 291

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda depends if he has another fight lined up right away no?
I dunno.

He deserves getting paid for his show money if he turned and made weight.

If he gets offered another fight two weeks down the track he still needs to go through another weight cut

I dunno.

If he gets offered another fight two weeks down the track he still needs to go through another weight cut
True, he probably deserves something but he would have got his show +30% of Pereira's too and chose not too so I dunno

True, he probably deserves something but he would have got his show +30% of Pereira's too and chose not too so I dunno
Yeah but I can understand him not taking the fight especially after the Till fight. Plus when fighters dont make weight isnt there a stat that they win like 70% odd of fights?

Yeah but I can understand him not taking the fight especially after the Till fight. Plus when fighters dont make weight isnt there a stat that they win like 70% odd of fights?
Last year it was 56% of fighters who miss won or something so not much difference.

I get both sides, Thompson probably makes more than 15k to show so I get the UFC not wanting to pay him 200k or whatever just to make weight when the can use him again right away. JDM had 3 opponent changes and still fought an unranked guy. Doubt the UFC paid him 3x but they will remember it

I dunno.

I’m assuming there’s something in the contracts which means the UFC don’t need to pay, doesn’t make it right of course, especially for the NMF champ who is a company guy.

I’m assuming there’s something in the contracts which means the UFC don’t need to pay, doesn’t make it right of course, especially for the NMF champ who is a company guy.
listening to an interview with Wonderboy, seems like he defiantly expects to get his show money

Guess we will see

Oh man, was hoping not to see the "he didn't want to fight" rhetoric in here.

100% the right call for a 40 year old in their twilight not to accept a fight against an already massive 29 year old gaining a significant advantage on fight night. He's a big company man so the fact he's spoken out (politely as hell of course), makes this seem very odd. Dana is on holiday, and I know the UFC is stuck in the dark ages, but surely there's structure there to sort the man out in the interim?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back