MMA-UFC UFC 298

Remove this Banner Ad

Before taking the fight on 12 days he was thought to be the best in the UFC now 5 months later its calls to retire LOL

In the mean time he got knocked out twice. Do you not understand what repeat severe head trauma does to a person?

Kayo still not working and these campaigners are getting bombarded, technical issues and haven't heard from them. No way these campaigners aren't giving me a refund.

I walked into the lounge and the missus had it on fox sports news the bloomin idiot. I read Volkonovski on the head lines then looked away. Not the first time, past would have led me to believe he won. Headlines can be deceiving though then Ichecked the headlines now and said he got knocked the * out. Quite a few of the boys here predicted that, worried how would he fare from getting knocked out just a few months ago. Good call. I have to admit I kind of lost faith in him. Like Chuck Liddell, once he got put to sleep he was never the same again. He hasn't hit that level yet but those losses to Marchaev have shook his confidence and I did recall only now his post fight speech speaking of his difficulties.

I would have lost money on under 2.5 rounds and winner by K.O either way on Whittaker vs Costa. Good thing I didn't punt on that, but I did lose on the ******* EPL!!!!!!!!!!

Kayo still not working and these campaigners are getting bombarded, technical issues and haven't heard from them. No way these campaigners aren't giving me a refund.

I walked into the lounge and the missus had it on fox sports news the bloomin idiot. I read Volkonovski on the head lines then looked away. Not the first time, past would have led me to believe he won. Headlines can be deceiving though then Ichecked the headlines now and said he got knocked the * out. Quite a few of the boys here predicted that, worried how would he fare from getting knocked out just a few months ago. Good call. I have to admit I kind of lost faith in him. Like Chuck Liddell, once he got put to sleep he was never the same again. He hasn't hit that level yet but those losses to Marchaev have shook his confidence and I did recall only now his post fight speech speaking of his difficulties.

I would have lost money on under 2.5 rounds and winner by K.O either way on Whittaker vs Costa. Good thing I didn't punt on that, but I did lose on the ******* EPL!!!!!!!!!!
Just don the eyepatch and sail the seven seas with PPVs mate, they ain't worth it

Argh, rough to see. But we have a very good fighter taking over here, and the division is well and truly alive.

Not sure we've seen knockout power like this at featherweight before.
knobhead taking over hopefully max takes the belt from him, volk needs a year off and by then its decline time anyway he may as well retire now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that but not taking a long break after the first one probably caused this one.. Volk's ate similar shots in the past.

Yes the effects compound and, its now two serious concussive events in a very short period of time.

If you care about his well being, you should want him to call it.

Alex wants the rematch you sort of have to give it to him if he doesn't change his mind.

Been a company man and 7 title defences and 14-0 at featherweight before tonight.

Anyone who thinks Volk is going to retire after that finish is way off the mark. The real question is whether he'll immediately look for a rematch or if he'll take off the 6-12 months that's necessary to properly recover from two consecutive KO losses in a short period of time. Coach Eugene Bareman takes these the effects of KO losses very seriously and I would have thought he'd be advising Volk to take a decent amount of time off if he wants to have a future in this sport. There's no doubt the UFC will grant him a title shot when he's ready so just take the time off and get yourself right.

Anyone who thinks Volk is going to retire after that finish is way off the mark. The real question is whether he'll immediately look for a rematch or if he'll take off the 6-12 months that's necessary to properly recover from two consecutive KO losses in a short period of time. Coach Eugene Bareman takes these the effects of KO losses very seriously and I would have thought he'd be advising Volk to take a decent amount of time off if he wants to have a future in this sport. There's no doubt the UFC will grant him a title shot when he's ready so just take the time off and get yourself right.
Rematch. Spain. 4-5 months

Bloody hell!

Just finished watching.

Great to see Rob win but from the start of the main I had the 'how long till Volk gets KO'd' feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Had to get on the plane right as the Whittaker fight finished and my ******* Qantas flight (and an international plane at that) didn’t have wifi so I’ve just been wondering for 5 hours if Volk won or not!

He needs to take 9+ months off.

Really is a brutal sport though, when the skid hits it really hits hard.

6YB.gif
Not even close - "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Had to get on the plane right as the Whittaker fight finished and my ******* Qantas flight (and an international plane at that) didn’t have wifi so I’ve just been wondering for 5 hours if Volk won or not!

He needs to take 9+ months off.

Really is a brutal sport though, when the skid hits it really hits hard.

I timed my flight from Adelaide well, watched Tafa at the baggage carousel and got home for the start of the main card!

Well it was gonna happen with Volk, the one you don't see coming is the one that gets you. Great performance by Topuria, he looked great, I think he and Yair would be a fun fight and Yair should match up pretty well. Topuria has great boxing but Yair is a very inventive striker, he's like a FW Jon Jones with respect to his striking.

Tough win for Whittaker, great performance but geez he copped a battering along the way. Has Costa always kicked like that? Geez he was dangerous with the feet, no wind up, very dangerous.

Cejudo just looked old, that's not happening to a prime Cejudo. Dern's fight was a banger, classic striker vs grappler fight really. All in all good card, but the main event was a bit bloody sad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back