Review Ummm… embarrassingly bad Port v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure the happy clappers are a new phenomenon. There were rallies in support of Russ when he was sacked as coach. The difference now is the platform and the administration's propensity to listen to the mediocrity settlers.
I'm not sure you can call the participants of the rallies in support of our greatest ever player Happy Clappers.

I'm not sure you can call the participants of the rallies in support of our greatest ever player Happy Clappers.

You're right. That was unfair. Full disclosure, as an 11 year-old I was fully on Team Russ.

My point though is that there are people out there for whom success is always just around the corner, no matter the evidence. The difference in 1987-88 is that the supporters of the status quo didn't have Facebook on which to post and the club had an administration much more willing to do what it took to be successful.

The coaches and club propogandist have worked overtime for weeks (including post yesterday's game) telling us how we don't need a ruckman and then they themselves vote the opposition ruckman as best or near best on ground. What a world.
No Port supporter I've talked to is buying it. So much crap comes out of his mouth it's annoying.

The coaches and club propogandist have worked overtime for weeks (including post yesterday's game) telling us how we don't need a ruckman and then they themselves vote the opposition ruckman as best or near best on ground. What a world.
Repressed telly evangelist railing against the sins of fornication while ducking off to the Hellfire Club for a bit of S&M tier.

As promised.

My personal favourite: "It's not his fault 2 players couldn't kick straight under pressure. He got them back to within 8 points".

So it's not his fault when players don't kick goals, but he deserves all the credit when they do?

A close runner-up was the person excusing yesterday's loss because twelve of our players are unavailable - including one who has played a single match, one who has played a single quarter, one who was dropped from the AFL side, one who will never play AFL again, and one who has yet to debut at AFL level.

True Believers are an absolute disease.

View attachment 1439728
wELl coAcHeD AgaINst A mORe sUpEriOr TEam

More superior? :think:

The overriding theme that Hinkley is a good/great coach and we were just unlucky sums up just how little the happy-clappers understand about Australian Rules football.

We were unlucky to be 40 points down after kicking the first three goals of the game
We were unlucky to start the season 0-5 ....

wELl coAcHeD AgaINst A mORe sUpEriOr TEam

More superior? :think:

The overriding theme that Hinkley is a good/great coach and we were just unlucky sums up just how little the happy-clappers understand about Australian Rules football.

We were unlucky to be 40 points down after kicking the first three goals of the game
We were unlucky to start the season 0-5 ....
If we accept the argument that Hinkley is just unlucky, we should replace him with someone who is lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back