Review Ummm… embarrassingly bad Port v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of these "comebacks" are when we are so far down, Hinkley has no choice but to throw out his s**t game plan and say take the game on. The brilliant-minded Ken.
They also occur when the opposition lets their guard down thinking it is game over. We get 1, 2, even 3 goals, and then the opposition starts to think oh maybe we have to turn on again, and by the time we get close the opposition has actually kicked into gear again and even with all our momentum they are still better than us when the whips are cracking and can secure the win.

I don't know if the Robbie and Marshall misses were complete chokes in front of goal. That comeback gassed the players and they were out on their feet at the end of it. Marshall was up and down the ground a lot. Kicking on tired legs is a different proposition to kicking on fresh legs.
This is being very generous. Marshalls kick was from 25m out nearly dead in front. He's had a great season, but that was a choke every day of the week.

Tbh the 8 point margin was flattering. The game felt lost in the 3rd quarter and would've taken a miracle to come back from as the margin was out to 40 points at one stage. Now sitting 2 games outside the 8.

View attachment 1439098
3 games out effectively with our s**t percentage, not even mentioning there's also three teams between us and 8th even if Sydney completely shits the bed. I'm sure the blurb during the week though will be 'just two games' and 'still a chance' though. Anything to avoid moving on the buffoon.

Burgoyne started off shakey, but found plenty of the ball....

Mead, Farell need to get more of the ball. We have to many low possession getters....

Jones 4 youches (inj)
Motlop half a game for 1 touch
Mead 11 touches
Farrell 12 touches
SPP 13 touches
Bergamn 16
Houston 16
Amon 17
Drew 18

We need a few more stepping up and getting 20+

Burgoyne started off shakey, but found plenty of the ball....

Mead, Farell need to get more of the ball. We have to many low possession getters....

Jones 4 youches (inj)
Motlop half a game for 1 touch
Mead 11 touches
Farrell 12 touches
SPP 13 touches
Bergamn 16
Houston 16
Amon 17
Drew 18

We need a few more stepping up and getting 20+
Drew, Bergman and Farrell are the ones from that list that need to step up next year for us to be anything. Amon is gone, Houston is a consistent 20+ disposal player, Mead is still young and has played less then 10 games.

Why would you say that?
Hope your sitting down…. Because it’s true 😂.
Quote from the Captain in Cool Hand Luke …I don’t like this anymore than you do.
You can dream and you can wish but at the end of the day you like all of us will have to accept the reality that Ken will be coaching us in 2023.
Now how long he lasts for in 2023 is another debate but he will start the year as coach of Port Adelaide.
Richardson’s words before the Bulldogs game put pay to any real hope we had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who touched it though?
Was the issue it was called touched and then they overturned it without clear evidence to over turn? I dont really know as was only partially paying attention.

Was the issue it was called touched and then they overturned it without clear evidence to over turn? I dont really know as was only partially paying attention.
It was called touched off the boot by the field umpire during play.

The review clearly showed that no one touched the ball.

The issue is the field umpires call potentially affecting the effort that Dixon and Aliir made to touch the ball on the line, ie they could've just let the ball go, believing it was already going to be a point. Its a dodgy argument to try and make considering they looked like they were still trying to get a hand on the ball.

Hope your sitting down…. Because it’s true 😂.
Quote from the Captain in Cool Hand Luke …I don’t like this anymore than you do.
You can dream and you can wish but at the end of the day you like all of us will have to accept the reality that Ken will be coaching us in 2023.
Now how long he lasts for in 2023 is another debate but he will start the year as coach of Port Adelaide.
Richardson’s words before the Bulldogs game put pay to any real hope we had.
OK. I thought you had some mail. I have hope. Koch wasn't unequivocal.

It wasn’t touched, but the fact the field umpire called touched and not the goal umpire meant resultant play was influenced by that decision. It should have been overruled based on who made the adjudication.

I’d suspect Houston may have been playing a tighter marking role.

Jones was down on his output before injury, Farrel, Mead and Drew need to get more or be used more.

If Dixon and co don't try to punch the ball through cos the field up said touched them they are dumb *s... Punch it through get a touch... Put it beyond doubt.

Coaches votes:
9 Sean Darcy (FRE)

Darcy should send a Thank You card to Ken Hinkley for providing him with no ruck opponent.

Well done Hinkley you fink! ..... Now just walk off into the sunset please!

Coaches votes:
9 Sean Darcy (FRE)

Darcy should send a Thank You card to Ken Hinkley for providing him with no ruck opponent.

The coaches and club propogandist have worked overtime for weeks (including post yesterday's game) telling us how we don't need a ruckman and then they themselves vote the opposition ruckman as best or near best on ground. What a world.

Coaches votes:
9 Sean Darcy (FRE)

I assume Hinkley only gave him 4 votes so he can justify not picking a proper ruck.

I assume Hinkley only gave him 4 votes so he can justify not picking a proper ruck.
If he did, then he gave Lobb, their other ruckman (forward) the 5 votes. Both coaches agreed that the two biggest blokes on the field were clearly the 2 most valuable players in the game.

I wonder if there might be a message there for Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Back