NICK THE PIE MAN

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
Some of you may have noticed that there have been quite a few umpire mistakes made series. The most clear mistake was today when Ganga and Lara were starting to hit the ball very well and looked dangerous. Miller bowled a good ball to ganga and he got a clear edge to Gilly behind the stumps where the ump turned it down. Also Mcgill given out after it deflected off his helmet. And also today when Ponting was given out LBW to a bowl that got a edge before hitting his pads. And also in Perth when Ganga there was given out LBW where it shouldn't of been.

I understand it muct be very very difficult for the umpire to give a decision when the delivery is travelling at 130-15o K's. So shouldn't they use this new technology such as the snick o'meter and the slow motion replay to give a fair result so there is no controversy when its all said and done. I believe that the 3rd umpire should be used a bit more frequently for justice's sake.
Any thoughts???

No thoughts on it Nick. Just agree pretty much 100% with you. Time for the game of cricket to drag itself into the new century and make use of the facilities and tech improvments it now has at its disposal.

well what a load of rubbish. Umpires do the very best job they can, umpires are human beings and are prone to make mistakes, just like the players that get and bowlers that bowl badly. Cricket does not need any more use of technology when it comes to decision making,

I actually think the umpires have done a pretty good job this year. That is just personal opinion. Mistakes from umpires will always occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back