gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Umpiring, not blaming them for the loss even though pitrie kicked about 5 goals from dodgy decisions but we should be asking for a please explain. This is the worst display of one sided rubbish, soft, guesswork umpiring i have seen. No footy club should stand for this sort of crap.

4 of their first 5 goals from umpiring decisions.

We then fight back to 18 points down, and the next 2 goals gifted to them from umpires again.

Breaks a team when that happens.

We are s**t though

I've never known one group of supporters to be so inclined to blame umpires for their shortcomings. It's quite embarrassing really. seriously, channel ur energy in to questioning why we can only turn up to play one week out of every 4 on average. Oir club jas massive cultural issues that run a hell of a lot deeper than the decisions of a few insignificant umpires.

I havent seen the match yet... but from what I can gather... fat vlad gave his umpires implicit instructions that they were to make sure that North got a massive boost and to ensure that they got at least 6-7 goals from free kicks so that the AFL remains an 18 team competition. After this effort, North should be assured of doubling their membership numbers next year... they should get at least 1000 people sign up

I will be watching the match and making a list of all the free kicks that werent paid to Carlton players and asking the Geish for a ******* explanation.

Could not agree more. The entire Roos team must be certainties to make the Olympic diving team. I particularly liked the one where one of the Roos did his best Wellingham impression and took out a Carlton player, and then the Roo ends up with the free. I guess it must have been against the Carlton player for getting in the way of the Roos players reckless, flying elbow. In all honesty though, I don't know why anyone should have expected anything different from a team coached by one of the Scott brothers. They were two of the most pathetic, dirty, cheap, slime-ball pieces of trash to ever set foot on a field. Makes sense that their teams should play with those characteristics as well.

Oh yeah, to the North supporters, you're booing Judd for one minor incident after all of the crap that has gone your way all night? Real classy.

You were beaten in every department - we werent given 7 free kicks in front of goals when free kicks werent there..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool story SuperSub. I'm glad to see that you're not letting something insignificant like the truth or reality get in the way of a good yarn.

I havent seen the match yet... but from what I can gather... fat vlad gave his umpires implicit instructions that they were to make sure that North got a massive boost and to ensure that they got at least 6-7 goals from free kicks so that the AFL remains an 18 team competition. After this effort, North should be assured of doubling their membership numbers next year... they should get at least 1000 people sign up

I will be watching the match and making a list of all the free kicks that werent paid to Carlton players and asking the Geish for a ******* explanation.

You are a piss weak supporter, Dramoth. Grow some ******* balls and realise it's ok to critisise the team you support. The word support isn't unconditional.

Must be great to live in fairy land and think the umpires are to blame for everything.

I bet the Blues were "Brave" tonight, hey? "Crippled by injuries", maybe? Got the rough end of "the majority of umpiring calls"?

juddy throwing the ball when he didnt? jamos shoulder to shoulder contest with petrie given for hands on back? armfields 50 meter when it wasnt even a damn free kick? i can go and on... AFL can go screw itself.

JB, I may have missed it, but I don't recall Dramoth saying that every single thing that went wrong tonight was the umps fault and that our boys were flawless. I guess maybe it's the cool thing to do these days to be all gracious in defeat and blame our guys for everything, and you're right, we didn't play well. However, to suggest that shocking umpire decisions didn't play a massive role is just being delusional.

It was bad, very bad. Not the reason we lost. Injuries have killed our running.

Mate Judy threw the ball get fair dinkum

well not where i was sitting - push in gibbs back in goal square not given? etc etc...anyway over the umpiring at AFL bring on A-League and thank goodness its close...AFL need an enquiry.

Umpiring was atrocious tonight, no one (not even a Norf supporter) can dispute that.

It went beyond making me pissed off to rendering me simply expecting a dodgy free to be gifted to the Roos whenever a crucial moment of the game arose.

There were at least 5 goals handed over for absolutely non existent free kicks... in the first half alone.

Im trying to be unbiased here, but I cant recall a more one sided umpiring display all year.

JB, I may have missed it, but I don't recall Dramoth saying that every single thing that went wrong tonight was the umps fault and that our boys were flawless. I guess maybe it's the cool thing to do these days to be all gracious in defeat and blame our guys for everything, and you're right, we didn't play well. However, to suggest that shocking umpire decisions didn't play a massive role is just being delusional.

Yes, the umpiring was subpar, but the same group of people get on the whole "man these umpires suck" bandwagon every week and it grows as tiresome as quickly as people calling for Ratts head. I don't want to wade through piles of "umpires are s**t man" posts to get to a few constructive posts.

Are we really that delusional that we need to waste hours talking about poor umpiring standards which are known to everyone, when we could be talking about why we have failed so abysmally this year???

You are a piss weak supporter, Dramoth. Grow some ******* balls and realise it's ok to critisise the team you support. The word support isn't unconditional.

Must be great to live in fairy land and think the umpires are to blame for everything.

I bet the Blues were "Brave" tonight, hey? "Crippled by injuries", maybe? Got the rough end of "the majority of umpiring calls"?
Hey mate... I'm a piss weak supporter who has put up with all the s**t of the last 10 years.

As I said... I havent seen the match yet so I am not passing judgement on anything as yet but hey... dont let that get in the way of you having a shot at someone who might not see things your way.

And as far as I am concerned... and I think that a lot of other people will agree with me on this... when it comes to sporting teams, support is unconditional. Good times, bad times, win lose or draw... you give your support to the team regardless. You dont just stop supporting a side when things go bad because that just makes you a bandwagon supporter.

So... once again for the idiots in the cheap seats... I havent seen the match yet... but I will be watching it tonight when I finally get home from work and I will make my decisions based on what I see... but from what I have heard... we definitely got the rough end of the pineapple tonight with some very dodgy free kicks against us in vulnerable areas (i.e. in the oppositions forward 50)

I've never known one group of supporters to be so inclined to blame umpires for their shortcomings. It's quite embarrassing really. seriously, channel ur energy in to questioning why we can only turn up to play one week out of every 4 on average. Oir club jas massive cultural issues that run a hell of a lot deeper than the decisions of a few insignificant umpires.
Who blames the umpires for the loss?

They were pathetic all night. Don't let them off the hook for being amateurs and part timers who are adjudicating on full time footballers. No wonder they're so bad. Amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back