PS4 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't rewatch the entire demo a second time, but did they leave in the section where they botch a jump and fall through the map Assassin's Creed style?

Was probably the funniest moment of the conference. I didn't notice it when I watched the second half of the demo again though.
Not in the vid you posted, generally the one's that go onto the Official Youtube Channels have been pre-recorded. So if you were to compare both versions, there'd be slight differences. Obviously the fall through the map is a fairly big difference.

Anyway, I just got through all 15 mins, and obviously it looks absolutely gorgeous. It's unfair how good Naughty Dog make these games look, it really is. Glad to see some instant new gameplay differences as well.

This will be my end to watching Uncharted gameplay now though, I'm going to wait it all out, it's going to be excruciating but it'll be for the better when it's all fresh. I'm actually glad this was more rudimentary gameplay compared to the usual showings with huge set pieces, was almost just a "let's remind you of what Uncharted's like" which means it's a whole lot less spoilery than usual.

262-cover-reveal-spread.jpg

The game is the next GI cover game

After the rousing success of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog is putting its Uncharted series back in the limelight. The charismatic thrill-seeker Nathan Drake returns in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. This time around he's searching for a mythical pirate utopia in Madagascar, and is joined by his long lost brother, Sam. Naughty Dog introduced Sam at the PlayStation Experience expo this past December, and after a visit to the studio in Santa Monica, we have the scoop on what this mysterious man brings to the adventure.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's end takes place three years after the events of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and Drake's life has changed significantly. Our cover story reveals what Nathan has been up to, what conflicts he's facing, and why he got back into the treasure-hunting life. We also saw an extended version of the PlayStation Experience demo, showcasing more gameplay and an extra scene between Drake and Sam that teases more of what's at stake. Find out Naughty Dog's approach to a new-gen Uncharted game and how it's pushing the boundaries of the hardware to create the most trying adventure yet. Nathan Drake has secrets, and this entry promises to expose them.

Aren't these 'next gen' consoles supposed to be capable of 4k in the future?!? Doesn't bode well when it can't even handle 1080p or 60FPS @ 900p

They can do 4K video but not going to do it for gaming, there was a interview with a designer on the weekend who said its still aiming for 60FPS. Its currently going at 1080p and over 30FPS but not a solid 60, they still have a long time, it would be huge news if they said it was 900p but they didnt, the site claims its going to run at 900p but no quote or facts to prove it.

I also think someone at ND said in december when it came out the PSX demo was at 30FPS that the game is going to stay at 1080p even if 900p would let them achieve a better frame rate. I expect the game to be sony's big November game so they have another 7-8 months.

That 900p has come from nothing, no other site is running with it, it seems like that site is below Dualshockers or Joystik

60 feels smoother than 30 in action and shooting games as things like movement and aiming reticles move smaller distances between frames. In the future it shouldn't be an issue at all because the higher the resolution the less the need for AA processing so more resources to bump the frame rate, but the hardware in these consoles have been gimped from the start and unless some genius works out the best way to optimise their games then IMO it's going to mostly be 900/60 vs 1080/30 for the big AAAs for the lifetime.

Maybe one day consoles can be modular so halfway through the cycle they can be upgraded. Massive cash grab for the hardware developers too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can do 4K video but not going to do it for gaming, there was a interview with a designer on the weekend who said its still aiming for 60FPS. Its currently going at 1080p and over 30FPS but not a solid 60, they still have a long time, it would be huge news if they said it was 900p but they didnt, the site claims its going to run at 900p but no quote or facts to prove it.

I also think someone at ND said in december when it came out the PSX demo was at 30FPS that the game is going to stay at 1080p even if 900p would let them achieve a better frame rate. I expect the game to be sony's big November game so they have another 7-8 months.

That 900p has come from nothing, no other site is running with it, it seems like that site is below Dualshockers or Joystik
Thought ND have just come out and said that they won't get 1080 + 60fps but are very confident they will hit 1080 + 30 fps.

Thought ND have just come out and said that they won't get 1080 + 60fps but are very confident they will hit 1080 + 30 fps.

They are still trying to hit 1080 60fps. but they have said it will be f***king hard to get.

But the 900p article sounds like some bullshit from someone who just wants to write against ND. and i would be shocked if they went down to 900p just to get a stable frame rate, it seems like they will end up like Infamous and be above 30 but not a solid 60. with a choice to lock it at 30. If they went down to 900p it would come at sacrificing visual performance, ND and most people would have a higher resolution over the higher framerate.

They are still trying to hit 1080 60fps. but they have said it will be f***king hard to get.

But the 900p article sounds like some bullshit from someone who just wants to write against ND. and i would be shocked if they went down to 900p just to get a stable frame rate, it seems like they will end up like Infamous and be above 30 but not a solid 60. with a choice to lock it at 30. If they went down to 900p it would come at sacrificing visual performance, ND and most people would have a higher resolution over the higher framerate.
Thinking about it I'm sure they said to lock in 60fps then it would be 900 and they wouldn't do that.

Thinking about it I'm sure they said to lock in 60fps then it would be 900 and they wouldn't do that.

Everytime the frame rate has come up they have still said 1080p. They could do it at 900p/60fps but i doubt they will want to drop the resolution and quality of the game. games like Infamous were fine at an unlocked framerate. and would not have looked as nice at 900p

Don't understand the want for 60 FPS. As long as its stable at 30 you can't even tell. 1080p vs 900 on the other hand...

What? Yes you can, it's pretty noticeable.

http://www.30vs60fps.com/

http://30vs60.com/

It both looks better and plays better due to the smoothness. If you were a PC gamer you could tell the difference in your sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back