Review Unofficial Practice Match: Essendon vs Gold Coast, Austworld, Thursday 23rd Feb @ 5pm AEDST

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Footy is back...!!! Sure its just a match simulation/practice match but none the less its televised and I'm sure plenty of us here will be tuning in.
It will be good to see some of our new recruits match up against the Gold Coast in their home state - Davey & Weideman in particular intrigue me...
Hope we see a squad something like;-

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Heppell Shiel Durham
Martin Jones Menzie
Stringer 2MP ADavey

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench from:

Perkins Setterfield Massimo Weideman
Langford Hind Tippa Snelling Bryan

Last edited:
Walla needs to develop match fitness so it's important he plays as much of this as possible.

Also keen to see Menzie and Alwyn get some minutes; not sure if we can play both plus Snelling. Although it seems

Snello's preseason hasn't been as flashy, we know he's one of our better forwards defensively, and Scott wants the forwards to defend better.

Also looking forward to Jones building his match readiness, and more mid time for Perkins and Setterfield.

Are we expecting Caldwell to be in the stands?

Walla needs to develop match fitness so it's important he plays as much of this as possible.

Also keen to see Menzie and Alwyn get some minutes; not sure if we can play both plus Snelling. Although it seems

Snello's preseason hasn't been as flashy, we know he's one of our better forwards defensively, and Scott wants the forwards to defend better.

Also looking forward to Jones building his match readiness, and more mid time for Perkins and Setterfield.

Are we expecting Caldwell to be in the stands?

Agree with all of this - and yes - it seems Caldwell is being managed and unlikely to be in the squad. Hope its nothing serious...

Think we might see a few kids in this one. Hate that it's a Thursday match, will have cricket training that day so might have to watch the second half on my phone :/

Footy is back...!!! Sure its just a match simulation/practice match but none the less its televised and I'm sure plenty of us here will be tuning in.
It will be good to see some of our new recruits match up against the Gold Coast in their home state - Davey & Weideman in particular intrigue me...

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Heppell Shiel Durham
Martin Jones Menzie
Stringer 2MP ADavey

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench from:

Do we know if it's on Kayo or the random Telstra based viewing platform on the Essendon website that is totally incompatible with Chromecast? :$

Do we know if it's on Kayo or the random Telstra based viewing platform on the Essendon website that is totally incompatible with Chromecast? :$

Kayo - Posted elsewhere by Milanista28 remembering it'll be 5pm Queensland time which is an hour behind us atm

1676588376744.png

Think we might see a few kids in this one. Hate that it's a Thursday match, will have cricket training that day so might have to watch the second half on my phone :/
Anyone who is fit should play some minutes, pretty sure in Scott's interview the other week he mentioned the whole list will fly up barring LTIs.

Originally it was reported as 'six quarters' which one of the journalists asked him about and he sort of laughed... "how can you have six quarters?" but he did say there will be a few periods of play and then the two clubs will have a chat and decide if they want to extend it depending on what they need.

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Heppell Shiel Durham
Martin Jones Menzie
Stringer 2MP ADavey

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench from:

I think we’ll take the whole squad moreorless
Well those who are able to play.
First 3 periods or so will be close to full strength then additional time you’ll see younger players getting time.

Isn't this a 6 quarter match, so few will play 4 quarters and basically everyone fit enough will play some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Heppell Shiel Durham
Martin Jones Menzie
Stringer 2MP ADavey

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench from:

It is a practice game. You could see them all. The Saints game will likely has close to the round 1 side.

I’d imagine the sides will probably go the first 3-4 quarters playing their best 26 or so and then more reserves in the last 2-3.
ah yes - the classic 5-7 qtr game :)

Foxtel have been advertising all 17 preseason games starting Feb23rd.

Just checked the Foxtel tv guide for 23rd Feb and Ess v Suns on ch505 at 5pm (Syd)
If there is a repeat of the preseason game last year where you could watch on Foxtel or Kayo….but not via the Foxtel app…..I will lose my s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back