Discussion Unpopular Opinion: Match Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

We all love a great match thread OP right? There’s no disputing that the effort some people go to for 10 seconds of a tenth of a smirk to random strangers on the internet goes a long way.

However what we love more is a match thread being posted than the content within the OP. The Match Threads exist to serve the two clubs competing a safe-haven; a place to banter, talk s**t and enjoy their week.

Is it time that we mandate the match thread being posted on time is more important for the Sweet FA community than the contents within the OP which are hit or miss, relative to the stale novelty that exists within their creation. Monday night match threads or Tuesday morning, whatever it is. Let’s just have the match threads up so the 12 teams competing have a place to engage with each other rather than waiting on one person, to take their time - either writing and preparing the OP’s or otherwise just being busy even though they agreed to do them.

Fact remains, the OP’s are editable. So let’s just leave it to the creator to edit it in when they’re ready to.

So in short, * you The Jesus. I didn’t want to post a thread about match threads even after you had posted that discussion thread and after a few drinks and some down time, it’s just raised again in my mind that the match threads delay is continually counter-productive to match thread activity. So let’s just get the match threads going and let’s keep it set to a time we all can agree on.

Thanks.

why-are-you-here-why-here.gif

Why even have match threads?
I've always advocated for match sim results to be posted in the ladder thread each Sunday. Afterwards should then be an hour allocated for discussion of the results. The forum should then be locked for the reminder of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back