Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Sportswhere I am for sport tickets lads. Group based in Richmond. Used them my whole trip

All prices are in aud

Use code ‘ACES’ for a bit of a discount !

They don't look too different from most prices from what I've seen. I'd just be sticking with the official Ticketmaster type resale option I reckon

Anyone got any recommendations for some gloves to wear in NY etc in December? Not sure exactly what would be easy to get around in, use phone etc

Alright, recommendations for LA, Detroit, Chicago, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Washington DC, Philly and NY thanks fellas. Off in a couple weeks, can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going for football. But it actually looks to be a pretty cool city.
Yeah I went to go to a Michigan game. Both Detroit and Ann Arbor were interesting in different ways. Detroit for it's derelict run down and abandoned buildings. And Ann Arbor for it's college town vibe.

Yeah I went to go to a Michigan game. Both Detroit and Ann Arbor were interesting in different ways. Detroit for it's derelict run down and abandoned buildings. And Ann Arbor for it's college town vibe.

So is it still pretty rundown? It looks fairly nice to me from what I've seen but I imagine there'd still be some carryover.

Anyway, any recommendations would be appreciated.

So is it still pretty rundown? It looks fairly nice to me from what I've seen but I imagine there'd still be some carryover.

Anyway, any recommendations would be appreciated.
I was there in 2012. A lot of stuff was knocked down and heaps of empty lots. But there was still a heap of abandoned buildings still including the big high rises on the other side of the freeway opposite Ford Field. They are long gone now but Michigan Central Station is still standing. Drove through some neighborhoods that would've been middle class but had been mainly abandoned.

Was interesting seeing the homeless sleep on top of the sewer grates in the middle of the road. Not a lot of traffic moving around downtown so not much risk of getting run over. And they definitely weren't short on parking lots.

Greektown is where all the nightlife is downtown. Corktown west of downtown down Michigan Ave is the hipster spot where you'll find a few dive bars and restaurants and the like. Also the old Tiger Stadium is located there now open parkland and baseball fields.

And fun fact you can find Canada south of Detroit across the river in Windsor.

Last edited:
I was there in 2012. A lot of stuff was knocked down and heaps of empty lots. But there was still a heap of abandoned buildings still including the big high rises on the other side of the freeway opposite Ford Field. They are long gone now but Michigan Central Station is still standing. Drove through some neighborhoods that would've been middle class but had been mainly abandoned.

Was interesting seeing the homeless sleep on top of the sewer grates in the middle of the road. Not a lot of traffic moving around downtown so not much risk of getting run over. And they definitely weren't short on parking lots.

Greektown is where all the nightlife is downtown. Corktown west of downtown down Michigan Ave is the hipster spot where you'll find a few dive bars and restaurants and the like. Also the old Tiger Stadium is located there now open parkland and baseball fields.

Cool, I'm staying in Corktown. Just hoping I can find somewhere to have a few beers on Thanksgiving Night and watch 49ers Seahawks.

I've been there/done that. :smilev1:

Worked at a Girl Scouts Camp about a half hour outside of Ann Arbor. Loved it.

Loved all my time and experiences there, and Detroit, where I saw Stevie Wonder in concert. (for free).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back