Autopsy v Richmond - Swans win by 45

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m going for Hewett as BOG.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY else has managed to take Dusty out of a game in recent times.

Those who still say Hewett is a B-grader, hang your head in shame.

Hewett is a b-grader. B-graders are still good players. Consistent B-graders are the core of a contending side.

And also, you felt like this was a rebuild with a plan. I think after we looked cooked in the 2018 Elimination Final and going nowhere in early 2019, clearly we called time on the old guard. Slowly but surely we brought each of the kids in from the past 2 years. While we retired some of the players, we kept some of the vets on (unlike what Norf are doing).

While we did get blown out by 50+ a few times, we took some strong sides to the wire (notably GWS in 2019 and Geelong in 2020). I think we were #1 in corridor usage last year as well after the midway point. You felt like those competitive losses set us up for this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will be fine you always peak when it matters today was more about Sydney than Richmond.

Agree. We lost round 3 last year and the round 3 game the year before that. In saying that however, like I posted in your preview thread, if you guys play with dare and aggressive movement and we are not 100% on our game, we would get done by 5 goals.

Great win

Logan’s kicks cross his body and gulden across the centre

McDonald has shown that he's much more than a marking target. His second efforts, his delivery by foot, his running - he almost looks a midfielder when the ball hits ground level or he's up outside 50. Very well rounded player, just stays in it.

That was just about the complete performance, a continuation of the first 2 rounds but we really stepped it up a notch.
- Gaining dominance in the clearances really set us on track early, Hickey's impact is absolutely huge, JPK king on inside as per usual, but Callum Mills has stepped it up to lead clearances on the ground with 8. That's to go with 8 marks as well and 31 disposals. Well and truly belongs in the midfield.
- We controlled the play brilliantly in the first quarter but we were wasteful in front of goal, initially there was some blazing away to the Richmond spare but we adjusted midway through the quarter and the way we chipped the ball around accumulating uncontested marks really erodes Richmond's structures as the day goes on
- the pressure we put them under was immense and you really saw a lot of rushed disposals and turnovers that's quite uncharacteristic of Richmond the last few years due to the perceived pressure, they were hearing footsteps like they were in a haunted house. That's thanks to our speed across the ground with Paps, Gulden, Reid etc. The Chad's speed and physicality really adds another dimension to the midfield.
- McCartin destroyed Lynch and Rampe won handsomely against Riewoldt, Dawson was just about the best player on the ground when the game was on the line.
- Many of our goals were team goals, I'm sure if we were to watch any goal back we could probably count 6-8 players involved in the chain which is what makes this team so exciting to watch

Amazing win on the MCG, awesome to see consistency. But having said that it's Round 3, Richmond got smacked by 50 against GWS in Round 3 2019, they convincingly lost to Hawthorn in Round 3 2020. It's a long season and still a lot of variables at play between now and finals, we need to bank the wins early while we're white hot.

Agree. We lost round 3 last year and the round 3 game the year before that. In saying that however, like I posted in your preview thread, if you guys play with dare and aggressive movement and we are not 100% on our game, we would get done by 5 goals.

Great win

Its more seasoned veteran teams like Richmond peak when it matters the most very much remind me of Brisbane 01-04 run hardly dominant in regular season but peak when it matters.

Thought you missed Prestia and Vlaustin but we didn't give you any space or time for you to setup your structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back