VAFA Women 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s clear for the game to prosper the umpires must umpire the game to the letter if the law, especially in the higher grades. The lower grades need some leniency.

I agree the umpires should umpire women's games to the "letter of the law". What I hear though is that whilst umpires are directed to do so, and to in fact umpire women's games the same as men's, that the actual outcome is that umpires do umpire them differently.
Agree?
Any ideas why?

I made a map of all the VAFA clubs. Does the women's home grounds look accurate?
Map link (women in red)
Looks good around my inner north area. This would be an awesome resource - is it available somewhere else other than by the link?
Do you have (or have you considered) being able to show by League?

Looks good around my inner north area. This would be an awesome resource - is it available somewhere else other than by the link?
Actually realized is just VAFA which is great (although it is interesting to also look at where other Leagues overlap with VAFA)
You had all clubs I had on my list plus 2 I had missed so thanks!

You're welcome! I tried to give it to VAFA HQ to replace their "find a club" resource that doesn't work. They don't seem too inclined.

You're welcome! I tried to give it to VAFA HQ to replace their "find a club" resource that doesn't work. They don't seem too inclined.
My experience is that the "find a club" works for clubs who have updated their details. Many clubs haven't gone into the system and updated that they have a women team, so they don't turn up in a search

My experience is that the "find a club" works for clubs who have updated their details. Many clubs haven't gone into the system and updated that they have a women team, so they don't turn up in a search
That makes sense. Not a good system IMO. Especially if we want to help connect players to local clubs.

That makes sense. Not a good system IMO. Especially if we want to help connect players to local clubs.
Would seem to be a pretty simple requirement that if you want to have a Women's team that you need to have it visible on ClubFinder. At least as important as some other things that clubs get fined for

Would seem to be a pretty simple requirement that if you want to have a Women's team that you need to have it visible on ClubFinder. At least as important as some other things that clubs get fined for
No you shouldnt. What a silly idea. Why make it solely for the Women, what makes them so special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back