Certified Legendary Thread 2023 VAFA Tipping Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

fireworks.gif

Eddie: And as the fireworks light up the warm Melbourne sky, let's begin! Who's the winner of the Premier A Tipping for this year, Sam?
Sam: <opens envelope> Post Mortem takes the top prize with 63 tips and two fivers!

23a.jpg

Eddie: Congratulations Post Mortem, not only do you get this handsome brushed-brass-effect jpeg, you will also proudly display the BigFooty VAFA Premier Tipping Badge for a year!

vafa-tipping-winner.png

Sam: There it is, Eddie, and a mighty fine prize it is too.

ed2.jpg

Eddie: And now on to Premier B. Perhaps one of the easiest divisions to pick, but that doesn't detract from the prestige and kudos due for this year's winner...
Sam: <fumbles a little> Excuse me... <opens envelope> Wild Thing with an amazing 75 correct and no less than 7 fivers!

23b.jpg

Sam: We won't draw attention to the kerfuffle in Round 12 when Beaumaris were docked the win and four points, causing a number of tipsters to get five correct for the round.
Eddie: You just did, Sam.

ed3.jpg

Eddie: Behave yourself, Sam!
Sam: Well we've got a tipping hog here, I don't need the envelopes because I had a look before the show.
Eddie: I don't think you were supposed to do that.
Sam: Well I did and I'm glad that I did... number52 scoops the pool in Division 2, 3 and 4 with 63, 64 and 45 tips respectively. He's singlehandedly drawn the awards ceremony to a premature end. That's not right, Ed.

23d2.jpg 23d3.jpg 23d4.jpg

Ed: Right or not, Sam, I don't think it was up to you to spoil the presentation like that. In any case, there is only one more award to give.

Ed: That is, of course, the Nostradamus Award for the tipster picking five correct winners in a round the most times. Sam?
Sam: <removes card from envelope and drops it> Bugger. <picks it up> The winner is... can we have two winners, Ed?
Ed: Is it two winners? I think there was a rule change in 2022, I believe that previously it went to whoever had the highest number of tips overall if there was more than one with the most fivers.
Sam: It's definitely two winners this year... AnimalEnclosure and Wild Thing!

23nostradamus.jpg

Ed: Congratulations to all our winners tonight and it's goodnight from us here in the studio.
Sam: Let's go home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks OTP. Great work. Your time and effort to do this is much appreciated.
Looking forward to 2024 where hopefully l can have 5 games per week to get mostly wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back