Off-topic Vale Bay 13 Icon and Melbourne Cult Icon Legend Franco Cozzo

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really frustrated with my language for a long time. I didn’t feel like I was going to ever get any better. Then, I recently realised that the way I speak Dutch would be the equivalent of how the olds like Franco speak English and now I just go with it—even though I know some people are not quite sure what I am talking about sometimes.
That can be an advantage.

You work hard to get a living room you only look at.
This is an obvious fake, where's the clear plastic covers?
ynm2kt9xvyr51.jpg

Sad to see him go. Got to meet him once - when the doggies won in, myself and Chief watched the match from the Station hotel in Footscray, then later that evening went by the Franco Cozzo store, where there was a line of people waiting to enter. We joined the line and duly ended up being ushered to the back of the store where Franco was holding court in one of his more fabulous chairs. Got the meet and greet and the photo - highlight of the day!

Sad to see him go. Got to meet him once - when the doggies won in, myself and Chief watched the match from the Station hotel in Footscray, then later that evening went by the Franco Cozzo store, where there was a line of people waiting to enter. We joined the line and duly ended up being ushered to the back of the store where Franco was holding court in one of his more fabulous chairs. Got the meet and greet and the photo - highlight of the day!
Easy to imagine the scene:
200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really frustrated with my language for a long time. I didn’t feel like I was going to ever get any better. Then, I recently realised that the way I speak Dutch would be the equivalent of how the olds like Franco speak English and now I just go with it—even though I know some people are not quite sure what I am talking about sometimes.
With English skills like that, I'd say you're well on track to become a member of the channel 7 commentary team.

I am not a Boomer and not as old as Postcodes or Pixel so… 🤷‍♂️

What has that got to do with calling someone a gippo in 2023?
It's a derogatory slur, akin to the n word or anti Semitic slurs.

Even the term it is derived from, gypsy, is considered a slur except in strict usage to describe Roma people.

So probably deleting it is the smart move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back