Venezuela’s Referendum — Invade Guyana?

Remove this Banner Ad

I preface this thread by saying ordinary Venezuelans who didn’t vote would be horrified by this.

Let’s hope their dictator leader gets back in his box.
I wonder what dictator is a common supporter and loan shark of Hamas (via Iran), Russia and Venezuela and who happens to want the democratic world worn out putting out bushfire around the world.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder what dictator is a common supporter and loan shark of Hamas (via Iran), Russia and Venezuela and who happens to want the democratic world worn out putting out bushfire around the world.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s no evidence “they” (we all know who you mean) are behind any of this, this is a long running regional dispute and the referendum is largely symbolic. Look at a map and the region they claim is thick jungle and no real passable roads, pretty much can’t be conquered.

If you want to look at the foreign power acting as de facto ruler in Latin America look just to the north……

There’s no evidence “they” (we all know who you mean) are behind any of this, this is a long running regional dispute and the referendum is largely symbolic. Look at a map and the region they claim is thick jungle and no real passable roads, pretty much can’t be conquered.

If you want to look at the foreign power acting as de facto ruler in Latin America look just to the north……
What territory do those in the north claim is theirs but isnt?

meddling in elections is not the same as wanting to invade and conquer anothers land and their resources.

its highly likely the referundum results are largely made up anyway given venezuela is a dictatorship. Unless we start seeing soldiers assembling at the border there isnt much to talk about here.

What territory do those in the north claim is theirs but isnt?

meddling in elections is not the same as wanting to invade and conquer anothers land and their resources.

its highly likely the referundum results are largely made up anyway given venezuela is a dictatorship. Unless we start seeing soldiers assembling at the border there isnt much to talk about here.
US MILITARY PREPS GUYANA – Caribbean Life

You know how this works seeds. US rarely actually annexes territories, just defends its corporations interests in the region to exploit the resources. Shock horror, offshore oil discovered in 2015

Does this referendum actually go anywhere, doubtful. might see a few US patrol boats in the area

Another win for colonialism here, dispute was inherited from the Spanish/English empires

I have been doing a little reading on the background to this dispute and along the way I found an interesting story about a Venezuelan gun boat ramming a polar cruise ship 3 years ago, the outcome was a clear 1 nil victory to the cruise ship. The story of the cruise ship is very convoluted and recounted here in some detail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back