Moved Thread VFL v NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some people on Big Footy who think this comp is disgustingly weak. The fact is it isn't any more. We are just exceptionally good.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-U23 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's disgustingly weak! For a comp to be extremely strong (as this AFL season is proving), there needs to be close competition between the majority of teams. This isn't happening in the NEAFL and it never will. GWS, Brisbane, GCS and the Swans prop and prosper in this comp...it's a joke and a glorified bush league! Wolfy, they wouldn't beat the Gippsland rep team!

The figures make an idiot of your post. GWS are bottom. Uni are third, NT Thunder are fourth. Brisbane are second but we managed to beat them by 37 points last time out. You can't tell me the VFL, SANFL WAFL are particularly good? Mick quite frankly our reserves side would s**t on any VFL, SANFL or WAFL side. They are s**t compared to the depth that we have including the Academy players. You are another Victorian based person who thinks everything Victorian is great and everything out of Victoria doesn't count. Well it ******* does. The fact is our reserves team is ******* stronger than any side your stupid VFL could muster. In fact I'd say if any VFL side were able to beat this side I'd be extremely surprised. I've watched your pathetic VFL. It ain't that good. Our Comp might not be the best and we don't ever say it is. But you lot keep pushing the VFL as the ultimate comp. The VFL is only as good as the non listed players playing and they ain't that good mate

The figures make an idiot of your post. GWS are bottom. Uni are third, NT Thunder are fourth. Brisbane are second but we managed to beat them by 37 points last time out. You can't tell me the VFL, SANFL WAFL are particularly good? Mick quite frankly our reserves side would s**t on any VFL, SANFL or WAFL side. They are s**t compared to the depth that we have including the Academy players. You are another Victorian based person who thinks everything Victorian is great and everything out of Victoria doesn't count. Well it ******* does. The fact is our reserves team is ******* stronger than any side your stupid VFL could muster. In fact I'd say if any VFL side were able to beat this side I'd be extremely surprised. I've watched your pathetic VFL. It ain't that good. Our Comp might not be the best and we don't ever say it is. But you lot keep pushing the VFL as the ultimate comp. The VFL is only as good as the non listed players playing and they ain't that good mate

The neafl side barely neat the tassie side and the tassie comp is shithouse

Turn it up Wolfy, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. Next minute you'll be telling me you don't have a grey haired nutsack!

Doesn't matter about the strength of the NEAFL in comparison to other leagues.

What matters is the comp allows us to prepare players ready for AFL level.

Clearly the system is working for us

It's disgustingly weak! For a comp to be extremely strong (as this AFL season is proving), there needs to be close competition between the majority of teams. This isn't happening in the NEAFL and it never will. GWS, Brisbane, GCS and the Swans prop and prosper in this comp...it's a joke and a glorified bush league! Wolfy, they wouldn't beat the Gippsland rep team!

The swans neafl team would beat any vfl, wafl or sanfl team! Mainly because there are so many afl experienced players in the team.

Name one state team that could play against tippet, sinclair, laider, AA, BJ, Marsh, Talia etc.

Not sure whether the overall competition standard is better but the swans neafl team has good enough players especially considering most would play in other afl teams (ala Membrey, Biggs and Mitchell who spent lots of time in the neafl)

The swans neafl team would beat any vfl, wafl or sanfl team! Mainly because there are so many afl experienced players in the team.

Name one state team that could play against tippet, sinclair, laider, AA, BJ, Marsh, Talia etc.

Not sure whether the overall competition standard is better but the swans neafl team has good enough players especially considering most would play in other afl teams (ala Membrey, Biggs and Mitchell who spent lots of time in the neafl)
Do you even read? Seriously arguing that the Swans reserves can beat any team in another state league is ******* ridiculous. The topic was about the strength of the NEAFL, not the strength of our team! * me WTFDWFTFI?

BTW: any idiot that suggests the the reserves can beat any other state league team is just stupid, have a look at the win/loss ratio this year...couldn't beat 'a' team in the NEAFL. It's also impossible to know as guess what? They DON'T and WON'T play another state league team!

You don't have a clue about Victorian footy champ and just keep chipping away with your anti anyone from Victoria bias, Swan or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

State pride is hilarious.

It's a bloody boring argument.

VFL is probably across the board a better standard than NEAFL. Swans Reserves are probably as good if not better than most of the VFL sides. The Swans are not going to rejoin the VFL. The Swans shouldn't rejoin the VFL 1. Because our development of players through the NEAFL is demonstrably as successful as any development program in the AFL and 2. because the NEAFL along with the Academies are necessary for the growth of Australian Football in the frontier states.

I propose the Mods set up a room for Bedders and Wolftone to have it out somewhere in a padded room in the Bob Skilton bar.

It's a bloody boring argument.

VFL is probably across the board a better standard than NEAFL. Swans Reserves are probably as good if not better than most of the VFL sides. The Swans are not going to rejoin the VFL. The Swans shouldn't rejoin the VFL 1. Because our development of players through the NEAFL is demonstrably as successful as any development program in the AFL and 2. because the NEAFL along with the Academies are necessary for the growth of Australian Football in the frontier states.

I propose the Mods set up a room for Bedders and Wolftone to have it out somewhere in a padded room in the Bob Skilton bar.
I only drink with the right people, no matter what state their from.

Neafl as good as vfl , turn it up!!

So it seems that all the melbourne centric members of our board think the neafl is crap and VFL reigns supreme.

Where exactly do you think our current swans afl team comes from????? 2/3rds are debutants in the last few years. If we have one of the youngest and skilful lists and it's universally accepted we have then they learnt their craft in the neafl. And if they learnt their craft in the neafl when the other VFL teams weren't able to produce the same quality list then exactly what does that say about respective abilities? Indeed we have been the most successful team of the last 14 years (in terms if finals appearances) and mostly spawned from the shithouse comp that is neafl.

If it looks likes s*** smells like s*** then I'm damn sure I'm not going to taste it to confirm. The evidence fails to support the argument that neafl is poor. Plain and simple and I fail to believe it. I am pursuaded by evidence......and the evidence speaks.

So it seems that all the melbourne centric members of our board think the neafl is crap and VFL reigns supreme.

Where exactly do you think our current swans afl team comes from????? 2/3rds are debutants in the last few years. If we have one of the youngest and skilful lists and it's universally accepted we have then they learnt their craft in the neafl. And if they learnt their craft in the neafl when the other VFL teams weren't able to produce the same quality list then exactly what does that say about respective abilities? Indeed we have been the most successful team of the last 14 years (in terms if finals appearances) and mostly spawned from the shithouse comp that is neafl.

If it looks likes s*** smells like s*** then I'm damn sure I'm not going to taste it to confirm. The evidence fails to support the argument that neafl is poor. Plain and simple and I fail to believe it. I am pursuaded by evidence......and the evidence speaks.
Ever seen VFL, I bet not. WTFDWFTC

No I haven't and I don't need to either because evidence proves things. You heaped crap on my opinion last year all but falling short of calling me an absolute idiot because I predicted that hawks would exit finals loss loss and not make the 8 this year. Guess what???? That opinion of yours didn't have too much authority did it?

If what you say is correct then explain to me how all the afl class players suddenly appear from neafl ready and capable of playing afl????? Is it a parallel case of immaculate conception? Nope they didn't just magically invent ability running out in afl company it was developed in them. One place.

No I haven't and I don't need to either because evidence proves things. You heaped crap on my opinion last year all but falling short of calling me an absolute idiot because I predicted that hawks would exit finals loss loss and not make the 8 this year. Guess what???? That opinion of yours didn't have too much authority did it?

If what you say is correct then explain to me how all the afl class players suddenly appear from neafl ready and capable of playing afl????? Is it a parallel case of immaculate conception? Nope they didn't just magically invent ability running out in afl company it was developed in them. One place.
The fact remains is that you haven't seen it, so don't gob off about it.

The fact remains is that you haven't seen it, so don't gob off about it.

When my son brings home my car with a huge dent in the front a smashed grill and leaky radiator it's a fair conclusion he's had a car accident. I don't need to watch VFL to see the evidence of what the neafl is capable of producing. I see what is in our team and where they came from. Enough for me

When my son brings home my car with a huge dent in the front a smashed grill and leaky radiator it's a fair conclusion he's had a car accident. I don't need to watch VFL to see the evidence of what the neafl is capable of producing. I see what is in our team and where they came from. Enough for me
Good , jog on and watch lopsided s**t footy.

Wowsers, you think the NEAFL has made everyone playing in a Swans Reserves Guernsey a better prepared player? I'd like to ask...'are you a ******* idiot?', but I'm not allowed to as it's against site rules, so I won't! I'll tell you why they're ready...because they were ******* drafted due to their ability developed in Junior leagues and academies across the country, which surprisingly came from their natural footballing ability and the subsequent professional training program at the Swans! To suggest that they're better because they play that amateur bush league is absolutely delusional and outrageous! They're ******* witches hats!

Here we go!! But you haven't seen it so you shouldn't comment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back