2nds VFLW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the Blue Baggers will be favourite this up coming season! You can bet your bottom dollar for the first game I will be taking the first available car park instead of trying for one outside Princes Park after almost being locked out this year!

Surely the Blue Baggers will be favourite this up coming season! You can bet your bottom dollar for the first game I will be taking the first available car park instead of trying for one outside Princes Park after almost being locked out this year!

The 1st VFLW game is at Skybus stadium Frankston.

think a friend of mine made a similar mebstake......... MEB_

Sounds like Sarah Last has made a full recovery from her knee op after hearing some positive reviews of her practice match form. Go Sare Bear!

Kimberley Cunico Cranbourne FC
Bailey Hanks Northern Knights U18
Tyla Hanks Gippsland Power U18
Caroline Hardeman VU Spurs
Tess Plowman Oakleigh Chargers U18
Genevieve Green Beaconsfield FC
Kristi Harvey Adelaide University FC
Selena Karlson Seaford
Caitlin Williams South Adelaide
Nicola Burns Adelaide University FC
Courteney Bromage Yerong QLD
Rene Caris GWV U18
Rachel King West Adelaide
Olivia Vesely Sandringham Dragons U18
Chloe Dalton Rugby 7s
Brooke Walker Rugby 7s
Kaitlyn Cox Seaford
Jorja Borg Eastern Ranges U18
Amek (Suzi) Chuot Swan Districts
Bella Geitzman Whitehorse Colts/Oakleigh
Louella McCarthy South Adelaide
Eshe Lane

Plowman any relation to the one we love a lot?

Eshe Lane's an interesting one, it seems: former U18 rep for Vic Country, who apparently volunteered for our AFLW football department last year. Does no registration info mean she's a possible rookie signing before the draft?

Then there's the clear-as-day code hoppers:

Chloe Dalton was a basketballer before playing Rugby 7s, and she'll be 25 when next season starts. Part of the gold-medal winning squad for us at Rio.

Brooke Walker is another Aussie cap, playing her debut shortly after receiving her citizenship (emigrated from NZ years prior), and she'll be 24 at the start of next season.

Both are on the tall side, and given the 7s/basketball backgrounds I expect they'll be playing at either end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VFLW season was launched today at Princes Park.

Looking at our website we now have a teamlist too: http://www.carltonfc.com.au/footy/players/vflw

None of our AFLW players are listed, not sure if this is a final list either or when it was last updated.
It's definitely not final, and I'm guessing there'll be another 22 players coming on board, hopefully most of our listed players.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-02/blues-name-vflw-coach

CARLTON Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Shannon McFerran as senior coach of its inaugural VFL Women’s side.

With a decorated playing career spanning more than a decade, as well as a strong background in teaching, McFerran is a welcome addition to the women’s football program.

The 10-time All Australian spent the past year as a development coach for Collingwood’s AFLW team, working closely alongside the Blues’ newly appointed AFL Women’s senior coach Daniel Harford.

Head of Football Andrew McKay said the Club was delighted to secure McFerran, a pioneer player and experienced coach in women’s football.

A Life Member of the Victorian Women’s Football League, McFerran said she was excited to join Carlton as its inaugural VFLW coach.

“I couldn’t be happier to take up this opportunity at the Blues and coach their first VFL Women’s team,” McFerran said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_McFerran

Played in the 2007 EJ Whitten legends match and two time All Australian captain in 2009 and 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back