Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

They say blood clots are 1 in 1000 for women on the pill, but I've never heard of young women on the pill going to hospital for blood clots let alone dying. It should be happening at a rate of 100x more than that of the COVID vaccine if we are to believe the numbers.

Something more is definitely going on.

They went from dismissing anyone who claimed vaccines cause blood clots as conspiracy theorist nutters to banning it for people under 60.

A more thorough trial would have surely picked that up.

Hate to break it to you, I scan young women for blood clots all the time. Indication is very often the contraceptive pill.

Uh oh, we’ve got someone thinking for themselves here.

Phew, that was a close one.

Oh aren't you just hilarious! Discussion about 40,000 people potentially dying is the perfect backdrop for your wit! Are you now checking back for likes to see how funny everyone thinks you are? I'm sure you'll get a much needed buzz from that.

They say blood clots are 1 in 1000 for women on the pill, but I've never heard of young women on the pill going to hospital for blood clots let alone dying. It should be happening at a rate of 100x more than that of the COVID vaccine if we are to believe the numbers.

Something more is definitely going on.

They went from dismissing anyone who claimed vaccines cause blood clots as conspiracy theorist nutters to banning it for people under 60.

A more thorough trial would have surely picked that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are rules and customs in any groups that develop to ensure cohesion, cultures develop with a goal of food, shelter freedom from oppression, etc.

Forcing people to take a barely trialled medical treatment of limited efficacy for the rest of their life to stop a disease that barely kills any healthy person under 70 is immoral. This is complete divide and conquer, vaccinated pitted against unvaccinated, pro lockdown vs anti lockdown.
How can anyone disagree with that sentiment. It's freaking madness what is going on here. This leaves aside the fact that there are already treatments that cut hospitalization by up to 90%. The injections don't come anywhere near that number and you'll need annual booster shots to stay anywhere close.

Do people seriously believe you are a 2% chance dying of COVID. That's the CFR not the IFR. It's more like 0.2% and that's including all the dry tinder in their 80s and 90s (young fat people as well) that died in these first waves of the novel virus.
Fraudulent numbers are a centerpiece of this thread. Only 5 people under 50 have died of COVID in this country. That's out of 915 people. Less than 30 people under 60 have died. Stop acting like this is the black plague. It's a virus that overwhelmingly kills people w/ multiple comorbidities over the age of 80.

As I've said before, if the COVID alarmists projections were right, hospitals in Texas and Florida would have been overrun with COVID patients the past 14 months. They have not been and they've been wide open. What makes you think it would be any different here? Life is about risk. There isn't enough risk with this virus for all but the frailest among us to lock ourselves away.

It's a complete absurdity at this point to even consider it necessary.

From what I've heard on podcasts, 80% is the figure for open borders, no HQ and no lockdowns. There's more here:

https://grattan.edu.au/report/race-to-80/

The 50% figure is one scenario they modelled:

Scenario 1: Australia begins to open up with 50 per cent of the population fully vaccinated

In this scenario, the low vaccination levels cannot compete with the transmissibility of the Delta variant, even in the low transmissibility scenario, and infections rise quickly (Figure 2.3).

Each infected person passes the virus onto about 1.6 others at the beginning of the outbreak. The millions of unvaccinated Australians offer the virus plenty of opportunity to spread.

In this scenario, Australia reaches herd immunity level – the point at which the Reff falls below 1 – about four months after reopening, in large part because of natural immunity due to infections. But before then new cases reach more than 120,000 per day at the peak, and more than 7 million Australians are infected.

The widespread infections mean that many unvaccinated and vaccinated people require hospital treatment, including intensive care. The healthcare system becomes overwhelmed; at the peak about 20,000 COVID patients require critical care at the same time, a level well above Australia’s pre-pandemic or surge ICU capacity.

There are 191 ICUs in Australia, with baseline activity capacity of 2,378 beds. Surveyed capacity of 175 ICUs suggest maximal surge would add an additional 4,258 beds, meaning total surge capacity of about 6,600 beds.
You've got theory and you've got reality. The COVID managers have been wrong every step of the way. I say again, if this virus is so bad, why haven't the hospitals in the Texas and Florida been overrun? They've been wide open for 14 months.

I'll go with reality over bad science and politics any day.

I say again, if this virus is so bad, why haven't the hospitals in the Texas and Florida been overrun? They've been wide open for 14 months.
I'll go with reality over bad science and politics any day.
Pretty sure Texas and Florida are both struggling and both quite scared about an increase in admissions recently, mostly related to delta strain and unvaccinated people.
"In Florida, hospitals are already seeing the numbers of COVID patients exceeding levels they saw during the worst of the pandemic, and consortium researchers told The Texas Tribune that Texas is not far behind."

Do you have data to back you up?
I actually have data to back that up, but every time I've shown it on this thread an Alarmist has claimed the source is no good.

It's a really ingenious game beings played by the Alarmists. Here's how it works: The mainstream press won't report the COVID death numbers, social media censors the COVID death numbers, and the people who do report the COVID death numbers are deemed untrustworthy by the same establishment that won't report the numbers.

There is literally no way to get incredibly pertinent, game-changing information to billions of people without them thinking it's fraudulent. The crime is one day soon they will learn it wasn't fraudulent, and many will have made life-changing decisions that will dramatically alter the course of their lives because they thought they didn't have access to credible information, yet it was readily available the entire time.
Pretty sure Texas and Florida are both struggling and both quite scared about an increase in admissions recently, mostly related to delta strain and unvaccinated people.
"In Florida, hospitals are already seeing the numbers of COVID patients exceeding levels they saw during the worst of the pandemic, and consortium researchers told The Texas Tribune that Texas is not far behind."
Why aren’t they locked down then? My cousin in Texas said the only thing that had changed is the media hype. He said the state government doesn’t listen to that horseshit.

I actually have data to back that up, but every time I've shown it on this thread an Alarmist has claimed the source is no good.

It's a really ingenious game beings played by the Alarmists. Here's how it works: The mainstream press won't report the COVID death numbers, social media censors the COVID death numbers, and the people who do report the COVID death numbers are deemed untrustworthy by the same establishment that won't report the numbers.

There is literally no way to get incredibly pertinent, game-changing information to billions of people without them thinking it's fraudulent. The crime is one day soon they will learn it wasn't fraudulent, and many will have made life-changing decisions that will dramatically alter the course of their lives because they thought they didn't have access to credible information, yet it was readily available the entire time.

Why aren’t they locked down then? My cousin in Texas said the only thing that had changed is the media hype. He said the state government doesn’t listen to that horseshit.
Would you mind posting the data again?
I can’t be bothered going back through your tripe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back