Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not particularly interested in Deathwing bit have been enjoying Eternal Crusade, which has had pretty mixed reviews.

Hearing a lot of rants about the pay to play economics of it.

Deathwing or EC? EC it's really only cosmetic for real money. There are some weapons for the currency but they certainly aren't the best available.

Deathwing or EC? EC it's really only cosmetic for real money. There are some weapons for the currency but they certainly aren't the best available.

EC but Steam reviews can be notoriously bitchy.

For those that are interested I have had a crazy CK2 game playing as Byzantium.

I was pretty much doing all of the things the Eastern Roman Empire should be doing when I think my 4th emperor (who has the lunatic trait) suddenly gets into his head that he wants eternal life that kicks off a whole event chain that lead to my emperor (Leon IV 'Ironhand') becoming immortal. He stopped aging in his mid 40s. He is now 127 and has outlived his grandchildren. I am comfortably shooting for both the reunite the Roman Empire goal and the Heal the Schism and setting myself up for a very interesting transfer file to EUIV.

It all has a very Warhammer 40K feel to it and I'm sure that we are heading to the Imperium of Man. All hail the immortal God Emperor Leon.

Hey TheBrownDog! How are you finding CPUCores? Has it significantly boosted performance for you?

It's hard to say really. My CPU is mid range at the moment so in most cases it's not a bottleneck at all and it seems to be able to do its job to a point that allows my GPU to work to its potential.

In a few cases CPUCores definitely does the job though. In Euro Truck Simulator 2 for example it allows me to play at 400% scaling smooth as butter. Without it, it's definitely clunkier. I put that down to the fact that it is made by an indie developer who probably aren't superskilled at optimising their code, because it's not as though Truck Sim is the most graphically intensive game out there.

So yeah, if you have a few games that just don't feel like they are running as they should, it might be worth a shot. I don't regret buying it on sale for 10USD because I play a lot of Euro Truck Sim. It seemed to make Planet Coaster run more smoothly when there was a lot happening on screen. A fair bit of geometry and physics going on I guess. At it's full price it might be a bit much for its very small service.

Last edited:
I was not restrained. But the highlights thus far have been Rimworld (which wasn't even on sale) and Necropolis which is sort of like a procedurally generated voxel Souls game and Roguelike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xcom is great - just a shame they don't have 3440x1440 resolution support. I could play it in a window but... it's just not the same

Yeah Enemy Within is the expansion. Had my eye on it for a while. Should be good.

Only issue with Xcom is the lack of ps4 players online. Great game and multiplayer vs is crazy fun but people just never seem to be on (ps4 network anyway).

Just some cheap games for me.

Metro last light
The long dark
Sniper elite 3
Tropico 5
Cities skylines
Far cry 3 blood dragon.

Cities Skylines is magnificent. Didn't just overthrow Simcity, but put it in permanent exile as well.

Just some cheap games for me.

Metro last light
The long dark
Sniper elite 3
Tropico 5
Cities skylines
Far cry 3 blood dragon.
The Long Dark is also cool.

The Long Dark is brutal... i love it. Just had my best game and i still only lasted 3 days. Was flying along too, had a nice stash of supplies, was going to be able to craft a bow soon, finally got my hands on some meat and bang... wolf bite gets infected and i die in my sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back