Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked up the demo and now regretting picking Primrose. That first boss battle is HARD. A bit of a learning curve compared to something like Final Fantasy and some of the dialogue is cheesy but overall I can see myself getting addicted. Bring on payday for the full experience.

Picked up the demo and now regretting picking Primrose. That first boss battle is HARD. A bit of a learning curve compared to something like Final Fantasy and some of the dialogue is cheesy but overall I can see myself getting addicted. Bring on payday for the full experience.

All the chapter 1 bosses have weakness that match the character’s abilities. Make sure you are learning new skills as soon as you have enough job points. The pimp dude will be weak to Primrose’s abilities that do dark damage. And make sure you use the boost function. I didn’t realise it existed until I was a couple of hours in. Game changer!

Just spam those healing potions too.

Can always grind a few levels before fighting him again.

I definitely recommend you go and collect all 8 characters before moving on to any chapter 2s. I’ve just collected the lot.

Once you get a feel for the battle system, especially the boost function as well as building a party, the difficulty is pretty forgiving.

I’ve only game overed once in the 15 or so hours I have played, and that was from wandering somewhere that was clearly above my level.

All the chapter 1 bosses have weakness that match the character’s abilities.

Just spam those healing potions.

Can always grind a few levels before fighting him again.

I definitely recommend you go and collect all 8 characters before moving on to any chapter 2s. I’ve just collected the lot.

Definitely going to do some more grinding, although even the monsters before the boss can absorb a bit of damage. Starting to get a handle on the Boost system as well, once I learn how I want to manage that I daresay I'll have an easier time.

Definitely going to do some more grinding, although even the monsters before the boss can absorb a bit of damage. Starting to get a handle on the Boost system as well, once I learn how I want to manage that I daresay I'll have an easier time.

Definitely. I edited my last post with some extra tips.

Oh and don’t be afraid to use the Defend action. It obviously reduces the damage you take but also significantly reduces the time until your next turn, which allows you to build that boost meter faster.

Finally got the full version and currently have Primrose, Alfyn, Therion and H'aanit. Finally got my head around the "Break" function and have been exploiting it to great effect :cool:

Finally got the full version and currently have Primrose, Alfyn, Therion and H'aanit. Finally got my head around the "Break" function and have been exploiting it to great effect :cool:

Nice. I’m hoping to bank some time this weekend after a busy week. Moving slowly through some Chapter 2s.

It’s funny though, my current favourite party configuration is Olberic, Cyrus, Ophilia and Tressa. The complete opposite of the characters you’ve unlocked. Will be interested in how you set up once you have all 8. Then there is the job system! So customisable!

Nice. I’m hoping to bank some time this weekend after a busy week. Moving slowly through some Chapter 2s.

It’s funny though, my current favourite party configuration is Olberic, Cyrus, Ophilia and Tressa. The complete opposite of the characters you’ve unlocked. Will be interested in how you set up once you have all 8. Then there is the job system! So customisable!

About to unlock Ophilia now. I'll probably always keep Primrose in my party (I love her skills that can boost other characters and Night Ode is my favourite move so far). Hopefully I don't get my "Pokemon" on and just keep a party out of loyalty!

About to unlock Ophilia now. I'll probably always keep Primrose in my party (I love her skills that can boost other characters and Night Ode is my favourite move so far). Hopefully I don't get my "Pokemon" on and just keep a party out of loyalty!

Tressa and Ophilia have some amazing support/team buffs too.

Tressa’s “donate boost points” skill is GREAT :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About to pick up Cyrus, definitely going to be switching Therion out. While I love being able to nick things from all the people in town (people in Atlastown really need to be more careful!) he just doesn't give enough in battle for my liking.

I really need to gush about the music though, the music in this game is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About to pick up Cyrus, definitely going to be switching Therion out. While I love being able to nick things from all the people in town (people in Atlastown really need to be more careful!) he just doesn't give enough in battle for my liking.

I really need to gush about the music though, the music in this game is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I just switch to Therion when in a town and pickpocket everyone then switch him out. :D

Presumably his steal ability will get some seriously good items from later bosses though.

The music is indeed incredible. I will probably pick up the OST at some point.

Not that I'm a graphics snob or anything, but boy did I gasp when I got to Rippletide and saw the sand and sea! GORGEOUS!

Not that I'm a graphics snob or anything, but boy did I gasp when I got to Rippletide and saw the sand and sea! GORGEOUS!

Yeah it's great art design. There's some really pretty areas in the game. There is even a sewer section that looks amazing.

I presume you have Tressa now that you're in Rippletide. She's great. Her value isn't immediately apparent but if you invest in levelling her up, she's almost MVP.

The amount of indie games making their way to the Switch is incredible. I’m spending way more time on them than even Nintendo’s first party games.

Having Rogue-likes like Enter the Gungeon and Dead Cells on the go is perfect.

Geez, Dead Cells is REALLY good.
Solid game. Played a heap of it on the PC before old man reflexes started consistently letting me down.

When you play Stardew Valley because it's the closest you'll ever get to marriage and true love.

Yes I have a crush on Harvey. Leave me alone.

Trying to earn $2 million to buy the return scepter so I can spend more time in the Skull Cave. Anyone like jam?

When you play Stardew Valley because it's the closest you'll ever get to marriage and true love.

Trying to earn $2 million to buy the return scepter so I can spend more time in the Skull Cave. Anyone like jam?

I put in 150+ hours into the PC version when it launched. Now I’ve started again on the Switch. God help me.

Don't be like that, Kez. You're an affable and entertaining girl on here. I'm sure you'll meet your love one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back