FTA-TV Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Officially rating now...that's why.

I'm lost on the Vikings next season, number 5.
I guess I've seen the end of the 4's when Ragnar in the last episode appears, now I've been on the track my TV show site, and I can only find where they say it is being renewed, well I knew that. I am trying to find out when or whether SBS or the History channel will be presenting it . It gets pretty frustrating , this is one of the best things I have ever seen.
And the producers have stuck pretty close to history and realism in it, as it was like then and the people of those times.

I think that kind of reality is what sets modern westerns so high, that are very true to their time, rather than older white hat black hat cowboys, Of course there were some credible old western movies, too, I like the TV to present historical truth or fiction in an honest way. Vikings does this. But where is it........................?

Well, Ivar is a campaigner
We kinda already knew that when he killed that kid for not giving him the ball

They were trying to build up the sense that he is a sociopath and that everyone is scared of him - that is until he started crying when the slave girl was talking about how hard it must be to be Ragnar's son.

Ivar the Boneless was the most feared warrior of all of Ragnar's children according to history/mythology.

It has been theorised that "the Boneless" moniker may have stemmed from the fact that he may have been impotent - hence the scene in the most recent episode

http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/vikings_10.html

We kinda already knew that when he killed that kid for not giving him the ball

They were trying to build up the sense that he is a sociopath and that everyone is scared of him - that is until he started crying when the slave girl was talking about how hard it must be to be Ragnar's son.
I was kind of hoping that would be a one off. Killing that kid. And we could blame easily put as much blame on Floki for that incident

I mention it in my review, that he needs to realise that not everything is possible as a cripple.

But by looking at his sword and archery skills, expect some sort of wooden structure to help him walk

Ivar the Boneless was the most feared warrior of all of Ragnar's children according to history/mythology.

It has been theorised that "the Boneless" moniker may have stemmed from the fact that he may have been impotent - hence the scene in the most recent episode

http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/vikings_10.html

I've also read extensively into the legends, I thought they'd change him up a bit though to make easier for him to walk or move. This could hinder possible story archs for Ivar.

I've also read extensively into the legends, I thought they'd change him up a bit though to make easier for him to walk or move. This could hinder possible story archs for Ivar.

I've thought the same thing from when they introduced the character as a baby. The writers should have gone with the impotence reason for the byname instead of the disputed congenital abnormality and then these issues wouldn't have arisen. The probably weren't planning far enough ahead when they made that decision

Given that they've tried to keep the story somewhat in line with history, having Ivar be unable to walk will make it pretty damn hard to then make him a beserker renowned for his fighting ability.

I haven't seen the episode, but I'm assuming that you are referring to a particular character what would most likely die at this stage.

Did this character die in the same way as the real life version died?

Well its debateable of any of these characters ever existed in real life. Most likely they are fables.

But yep.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well didn't see that coming....but then his drug addicted story line last season was becoming a yawn. Loved Ragnor in S01 and S02...Travis Fimmel made that show his.

So snakes....on a freezing cold English winter....okies....barely see any of our Joe Blakes get out of bed around here (Nth Vic) under 20 degrees.

Certainly reboots the Series...seriously complicated back at home with the Boys and Step Mum.

:'(

Who needs a reason for betrayal? One must always think the worst of tv series and even for your own favourites. That way you avoid too much disappointment in life.

Ivar, Bjorn and Floki seem to be filling the void as far as screen time goes.

So far so good.

Yep this is a hard reset...and a good one at that.

That last 3 minutes!

Ps. I do wish they would have clearer dialogue sound at times. I still didn't pick up what was said at the edge of the Mediterranean after 3 reminds...

Yep this is a hard reset...and a good one at that.

That last 3 minutes!

Ps. I do wish they would have clearer dialogue sound at times. I still didn't pick up what was said at the edge of the Mediterranean after 3 reminds...

Yep pretty crazy. You know Ragnar must have been a pretty big deal if Odin himself delivers the news to his sons.

Also I'm thankful they didnt show all the raping going on in Spain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back