Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay of AFL 360. Slobbo is still in holiday mode i.e. somehow even more in comprehendible and factually wrong on basic details (CAS being split 2-2 apparently) than normal.

Imagine if Brisbane or North or Saints did this, reckon the AFL would act the same?
Hey, we're a club with a proud 140 year history.

Note: Proud not successful. Although any club that can survive over 140 years at the highest level has to be considered a success.

1. Hiring Hird
2. Letting Hird bring Corcoran back
3. Dank & Robinson
4. ACC
5. Richard ******* Young
1. Sacking Sheedy for an unproven coach in Knights
2. Hiring Hird as some sort of Messiah on his terms in desperation after Knights ruined the team style
3. Not asking enough questions when flags were raised in 2012
4. Not taking their medicine when busted
5. Humiliating ASADA after the AFL Tribunal cover-up decision

Yes, they, through Robinson, bought a legal supplement. They have the invoice and checked with ASADA.

They too had Deloitte go over the club's meta data.

Found nothing untoward. So your point is?
See above, more that WADA have put the Dank-Robinson-Geelong link on record.

1 James Hird at the very least decided to embark of edgy supplements program without any real supervision.
2. Essendon Board did not monitor what is going on with the supplements program and ensure the program is well managed,
3. Dr Ried fails the players by not taking his concerns seriously.
4. Essendon Captain and leadership group failed to act in the interests of their players rather than the club. I went with the leadership gourd as they knew , as opposed to the AFLPA/Player agents because I assume they didnt, though they should be have seriously look at themselves why they were not involved, why didnt the players come to them? Surely they should have a system of trust communication in place that a player with any doubts whatsoever about their program will contact their agent or the AFLPA.

5. the AFL failed to setup clearer rules about player treatments. Why rely of other bodies? Why not an approved list, that all types of treatments must be approved by the AFL before a club can use them, like we propose to use treatment of drug X for purpose Y and delivery program not exceeding Z, the AFL have a panel (input from ASADA/WADA/Doctors/AFLPA whatever) approve it and the club MUST record delivery/treatment weekly with the AFL.

Imagine if Brisbane or North or Saints did this, reckon the AFL would act the same?

Of course they would.

At the moment, the AFL wants 18 teams. It will NEVER act to push one of its clubs over the brink. It turns out Essendon is doing a good enough job of that on its own.

Moreover, they are probabaly a bit gun-shy having seen how heavy sanctions can exacerbate the problems experienced by incompetently run clubs (Carlton).

Geez, not only has the club been punished (yes, I understand it was for poor governance) but it has lost its coach, chairman, some of its best players such as Ryder and Carlisle, Goodwin, Basset and now 12 players for a year, it's reputation and on - field competitiveness shredded ......can't we accept that as punishment enough?

Hird, Dank and Co are out of football, players now know their responsibilities (or if they don't they are truly dim).....mission accomplished I reckon.

If I cause a car crash I can't turn around and tell the other parties and the police "Well, I got whiplash so I got punished enough". I still have potential criminal and civil charges to face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, not only has the club been punished (yes, I understand it was for poor governance) but it has lost its coach, chairman, some of its best players such as Ryder and Carlisle, Goodwin, Basset and now 12 players for a year, it's reputation and on - field competitiveness shredded ......can't we accept that as punishment enough?

Hird, Dank and Co are out of football, players now know their responsibilities (or if they don't they are truly dim).....mission accomplished I reckon.

It's a beautiful thing, ain't it. Justice served. I'd personally like to see hird smacked a bit more. I blame him more than anyone else. I want the people who conceived of the idea to feel the burn.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...a/news-story/61b046e6542d40bc313fd555d039167f
August 10, 2015
GEELONG Cats chief Brian Cook has slammed reports linking disgraced sports scientist Stephen Dank to the Cats.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...phen-dank-link-with-club-20150809-giv999.html
August 10, 2015
Former Geelong player Cameron Mooney has dismissed claims that sports scientist Stephen Dank was linked with the club during its premiership era, saying he never met Dank and the sports scientist was never at Geelong.
"Nothing to see here. I can guarantee that one," Mooney told SEN on Monday morning.
"[Dank] never stepped foot inside our doors. Never came inside the four walls.

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Arbitral_Award_WADA_ESSENDON.pdf
January 12, 2016
CAS Arbitral Award:
9. Mr Robinson moved to the Geelong Football Club ("Geelong") in 2007 as it's high performance manager. He used the services of Mr. Dank while at Geelong.

We sourced one completely legal drug that's used by every club in the league through Dank via Robinson on one occasion.

But please continue to attempt to attempt to conflate that into something that matches what Essendon have done. It doesn't make you look ridiculous at all.. :drunk:

Normally when a plane crashes, five things go wrong.
What were the 5 biggest things that brought the Bombers down?

Any nominations?

Not entirely sure but here goes.

When you go on a flight and you're the pilot the ultimate responsibility is really on you. Heck that could be the first right there.

Pre-flight check. You have to walk around your plane and in sequence check that everything is ok. No obvious damage to the plane, that the fuel is ok etc...

You have to submit a flight plan to the airport/tower you are leaving from. Your calculations time wise and navigation have to be spot on. You have to stick to this plan too.

Weight distribution. This has to be properly calculated, both the weight itself (if the plane can lift it) and distribution, so you don't stuff up the balance of the plane. This includes everything in the plane, Pilot, passengers, baggage, and fuel.

From this very rough (probably a lot missing) outline should provide the reader with several analogies as to what went on at Essendon.

The Flight Plan, navigation, timing either not written, not submitted and destroyed after the fact.

No Pre-flight check, just hopped in and off they went.

Everything just chucked on the plane in an ad-hoc manner resulting in an out of balance plane.

Efforts to keep this all secret and being tipped off by..CASA I guess?

Someone with better knowledge, more cleverer than me could do this better.

Have at it.

Of course they would.

At the moment, the AFL wants 18 teams. It will NEVER act to push one of its clubs over the brink. It turns out Essendon is doing a good enough job of that on its own.
Bullshit, if it was North or St Kilda the AFL would be welcoming it's brand new Tasmanian team.

Brisbane is protected only because they want 2 Qld teams.

Not sure if you're suggesting that they are already doping or asking whether they would be considering?
As in, of course there are clubs with doping programs of some sort. Probably plenty more where players would be pointed toward the right people too.
The main thing that shocks me in this case is the level of incompetence involved both in Essendon's attempts to get their program to work and in their pathetic efforts to cover it up.

We sourced one completely legal drug that's used by every club in the league through Dank via Robinson on one occasion.

But please continue to attempt to attempt to conflate that into something that matches what Essendon have done. It doesn't make you look ridiculous at all.. :drunk:

Settle down mate, was just pointing out that WADA and CAS bothered to actually type it into their report.

Bullshit if it was North or St Kilda the AFL would be welcoming it's brand new Tasmanian team.

Yep. The pecking order for the AFL is this

1. Big Victorian Clubs - AFL 'needs' the money, crowds and TV
2. NSW/QLD Clubs - AFL 'needs' to expand
3. Medium Victorian Clubs
4. WA/SA Clubs - Can be made examples of to look tough because they're capable of copping it and absorbing any punishments
5. Small Victorian Clubs - Kept alive because they want 18 teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back