2nds WAFL Watch 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

So your telling us that Neale having 30 possessions (yes, Champion said 27, ABC said 29 but if you count them he had 30) means he wasn't really sighted?? I guess passing an opinion on overall performance based on watching half a game of football is all that you need... Schloithe was good - for sure - but bagging Neale for not being sighted when he had 15 in the last half is off the mark (quarter by quarter breakdown was: 9,6,5,10). I should add he didn't even play on ball apart from two or three centre bounces and was playing as a high half forward.

Not for a minute do i think that any player would even bother about coming on here and seeing what we post but at least give a balanced, overall view of a players performance for the other people on here to read.

You're right. It was a high quality performance for someone not actually on the ball. The thing that really stood out for me was the lack of fuss and the inability of the opposition to prevent him doing what he wanted once he had the ball. I.E. he looked untackle-able.

So your telling us that Neale having 30 possessions (yes, Champion said 27, ABC said 29 but if you count them he had 30) means he wasn't really sighted?? I guess passing an opinion on overall performance based on watching half a game of football is all that you need... Schloithe was good - for sure - but bagging Neale for not being sighted when he had 15 in the last half is off the mark (quarter by quarter breakdown was: 9,6,5,10). I should add he didn't even play on ball apart from two or three centre bounces and was playing as a high half forward.

Not for a minute do i think that any player would even bother about coming on here and seeing what we post but at least give a balanced, overall view of a players performance for the other people on here to read.

Great effort counting his possies. Thats all i needed, lets start him next week :)

Neale was good IMO. He has a knack for being around the pack and getting it out to a free player. Unfortunately for him it is going to be hard to crack the team at the moment given the current midfield strength. I love watching him play.

If Neale's best possie wasnt in the guts, no doubt he would be getting a game.. and i dont think he offers anymore than our current forwardline. You could swap Subcliffe and Neale i guess, but both are playing well

Holy shit. Are you serious?? You're serious aren't you.

A. I watched half of a game.
2. It was on ABC tv
d. Bagging Neale for not being sighted? I wasn't aware that not sighting him on TV was the equivalent of putting a dunce hat on him, You're actually actually afraid of him coming on here to see that some guy who was casually watching the 2nd half of the game in & out didn't see him? My newborn baby has thicker skin than you, grow up.

If Neale's best possie wasnt in the guts, no doubt he would be getting a game.. and i dont think he offers anymore than our current forwardline. You could swap Subcliffe and Neale i guess, but both are playing well

I'm quite happy for Neale to be playing at Swans, suits me down to the ground.

But he did dominate on the weekend for us and long may it continue.

Holy shit. Are you serious?? You're serious aren't you.

A. I watched half of a game.
2. It was on ABC tv
d. Bagging Neale for not being sighted? I wasn't aware that not sighting him on TV was the equivalent of putting a dunce hat on him, You're actually actually afraid of him coming on here to see that some guy who was casually watching the 2nd half of the game in & out didn't see him? My newborn baby has thicker skin than you, grow up.

He said that a player wouldnt come on here and read this. Point is he had 15 possessions in the 2nd half and you watched the game and said he was unsighted. So you missed him touch the footy 15 times. Why bother commenting at all if you had werent really watching the game?

Anyway handy games from Croz and Neale. need to find these games some game time. Id say the 17 marks is a typo.

Interesting that he played almost exclusively in the forward line.

Pretty fair effort to get that many touches up there.

Its not hard really, hes about the only decent player Swans have besides Tallan Ames & Graham Jetta.

If you watch the games you can see he's a class above the WAFL players.

Games on ABC1 tonight at 2.30am for those who want to watch Neale's game again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said that a player wouldnt come on here and read this. Point is he had 15 possessions in the 2nd half and you watched the game and said he was unsighted. So you missed him touch the footy 15 times. Why bother commenting at all if you had werent really watching the game?

Anyway handy games from Croz and Neale. need to find these games some game time. Id say the 17 marks is a typo.
Maybe he would improve his cause by growing some dreds

Has clearly been our standout WAFL performer with Crozier and it wouldn't surprise me if Lachie was on a plane to Tassie with the boys. I think he deserves a chance and it might be a chance for Sutcliffe to play a full game for the sharks as he seemed to fatigue last week after being the sub each game.

So I'm reading the WAFL Watch. http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013-04-18/wafl-watch-defenders

And I notice that Alex Silvagni...

controlled his opponents and provided great support by making the out number and organising others

Can anyone tell me what "making the out number" is? Is it drawing the opposition away from a teammate to open up the preferred avenue out of defence? Is this one of the things Zac Dawson is so good at?

Adding another player (ie. yourself) to the mix in a contest to ensure that your opponent is outnumbered? - beat me to it Bender.

Fair bit of grammatical sloppiness from Lloydy in this one. Needs to improve his use (of the keyboard).

Adding another player (ie. yourself) to the mix in a contest to ensure that your opponent is outnumbered? - beat me to it Bender.

Fair bit of grammatical sloppiness from Lloydy in this one. Needs to improve his use (of the keyboard).

You mean 'we would like to see an improvement in is his keyoboard use'

Nup. It was more of a play on some of his training report comments. I stand by it.
I was trying to really get it into authentic Lloydy speak (footy really has started to buy into that management speak style crap hasn't it btw? They'll be talking 'dynamic leverage' and 'proactive holistic solutions' very soon; mark my words.). Spoiled it by adding an O to keyboard though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back