Wait? AFL 98 and 99 on PC had mod tools?

Remove this Banner Ad

GetAroundHim99

The World's Biggest Overreactor!
Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Melbourne Storm, McLaren
I've just been looking up things throughout the forum and apparently there were Mod Tools for AFL 98 and AFL 99 called Footy Fixer?

I'm kinda surprised that there were even mod tools for those games considering that there aren't any for AFL Evolution and there's no mod development for AFL Live PC.

Also, Going though those posts from back then. There were people calling them bad and not as good as the other bigger sports games. Somethings never change. XD

Anyone able to tell me how these worked and if anyone still has these files? I happen to have both games on PC. (I happen to have every Aussie Rules game except Finals Fever.)

This is interesting. So we could update the games with modern lineups? I also still own them both. Great games.
I think that's what the case was. I don't have the software for it which is called Footy Fixer. Unless someone from the time has it and posts it, I can't really say much else about it as I don't know much about it.

I had the demo of 97 on my school computer but couldn’t get it to run on Windows 7 but there were a few png files for crowd and adboards that I updated. I’d love to do a fully updated one though, I call dibs on editing image files.
That would be awesome. Personally, I'd like to do an AFL '99 mod for AFL Evolution. Replace the commentary from Dennis and Richo with Bruce and Leigh from AFL 99, Give all 16 teams the roster and jumpers from the 1998 season and change the in-game graphics to something more reminiscent of the 1998 Season. I've seen people do Winfield Cup mods for the Rugby League games with even commentary getting replaced.

It would be really cool to do a mod like that for an AFL game but doing a 2019 mod for AFL '99 would be cool as well.

Also, I've happened to find AFL 99 on PC on an abandonware website called MyAbandonware which I'm surprised that no-one has reported on yet as it's been on there for a year.

Also, I've happened to find AFL 99 on PC on an abandonware website called MyAbandonware which I'm surprised that no-one has reported on yet as it's been on there for a year.
Can you please PM me a link? :)
That would be awesome. Personally, I'd like to do an AFL '99 mod for AFL Evolution. Replace the commentary from Dennis and Richo with Bruce and Leigh from AFL 99, Give all 16 teams the roster and jumpers from the 1998 season and change the in-game graphics to something more reminiscent of the 1998 Season. I've seen people do Winfield Cup mods for the Rugby League games with even commentary getting replaced.

It would be really cool to do a mod like that for an AFL game but doing a 2019 mod for AFL '99 would be cool as well.
Maybe GWS and Gold Coast can be replaced with the generic teams from AFL ‘98 too. All is possible though.

I've just been looking up things throughout the forum and apparently there were Mod Tools for AFL 98 and AFL 99 called Footy Fixer?

I'm kinda surprised that there were even mod tools for those games considering that there aren't any for AFL Evolution and there's no mod development for AFL Live PC.

Also, Going though those posts from back then. There were people calling them bad and not as good as the other bigger sports games. Somethings never change. XD

Anyone able to tell me how these worked and if anyone still has these files? I happen to have both games on PC. (I happen to have every Aussie Rules game except Finals Fever.)
Can any one play AFL 98 on windows 10 I can't install it and it's so frustrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back