Wayne Carey

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez that brings back memories. One of the best videos i have ever seen!
Abou********e superstar who couldnt be beaten. Cheers danzan.

Awesome stuff, I wonder who put it together. It's not from the Story So Far video, so it might have been done by the club for something

Thanks for that, best ever player without a doubt.

thought i would be nice to the roos fans and also give them this vid of carey

Awesome stuff, I wonder who put it together. It's not from the Story So Far video, so it might have been done by the club for something

It's off a CD-Rom that was selling in about 1999 by MCD Video Card.

They had about 20 different ones with club or player highlights.

Best i've seen.

If you want to watch the best game ever played by Carey (and possibly the best ever by an individual in the history of the game) do yourself a favour and buy/rent/steal North Melbourne vs Melbourne (@ MCG) 1996.

This was played during the Atlanta Olympics and was never shown on FTA (only on C7). Was a crappy cold night - small crowd - and an often forgotten gem.

It wasn't just the 11 goals from CHF - it was the total and utter dominance over an opponent (of which he had about 5 that night).

If you want to watch the best game ever played by Carey (and possibly the best ever by an individual in the history of the game) do yourself a favour and buy/rent/steal North Melbourne vs Melbourne (@ MCG) 1996.

This was played during the Atlanta Olympics and was never shown on FTA (only on C7). Was a crappy cold night - small crowd - and an often forgotten gem.

It wasn't just the 11 goals from CHF - it was the total and utter dominance over an opponent (of which he had about 5 that night).

Yeah I have it on tape.
11 goals
31 disposals
and something like 18 marks.
Sensational game.
The only bad thing about it is that Rex and Malcom blight are commentating:thumbsdown:

That goal around Jakovich was a ripper, pure class.....it was also the day I wondered if perhpas the best of Jakovich had already passed before his knee recos. Carey was sooo good, and got round him so easily, something he hadn't always done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That goal around Jakovich was a ripper, pure class.....it was also the day I wondered if perhpas the best of Jakovich had already passed before his knee recos. Carey was sooo good, and got round him so easily, something he hadn't always done.

I reckon Carey usually had the edge of Javovich when he ran off him like that. But too many times his ego got the better of him, and he'd try and go body on body against the bigger Jakovoch. It was only on those occasions when Carey had his colours lowered.

But for mine - that was the best duel/rivalry in my 30 years of watching footy.

I remember one game against the Bulldogs when in the opening minutes Carey edged Chris Grant under the ball like he was a b grade rookie, turned around and slotted it straight through the middle from 55 out.

Thats why they called him The King!

A grade superstar is what comes to mind after watching that clip. he had it all! i'd love to see jono brown on one team and carey on the other in their prime now that would be a ripping game to watch.

A grade superstar is what comes to mind after watching that clip. he had it all! i'd love to see jono brown on one team and carey on the other in their prime now that would be a ripping game to watch.
now that would be a game i would go and see, brown would kick 8 but would probably just be beaten by carey who kicks 10.

Come on fellas.

Brown isn't fit enough to tie Carey's shoe laces.

I couldnt have been in a better position at Subi when he kicked that goal.Where he turned and ran past Jacko I was 3 rows from the front

Remove this Banner Ad

Back