Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Remove this Banner Ad

Sholl has already shown a "higher ceiling" as evidenced by his two Bogs (or very close to it) in his first 12 games, MacKay never achieved that once in 200+ games.

I'm not just talking about finding the ball, run and carry etc I'm talking about being the best player on the ground, being the difference between winning and losing. Daves never done that.

Sholl may flatline/not keep improving but two Bogs in your first dozen games is something we haven't had for a very long time at the AFC.

I like the fact that he has shared 9 AFL coaches votes twice with Laird now.
Both are players who people thought would not make it due to their size.
You cannot teach what they bring - you either have it or you don’t. They have a habit of being in the right place at the right time and they accumulate heaps of possessions.
With Sholl’s neat skills and disposal efficiency it would be fun being an Adelaide forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a strange thing to highlight - the way this is presented, it's like it's an achievement to have the fewest days between the nominations. All it really means is that it took him until very late in the 2020 season to earn his first nomination.

In any event, fantastic recognition of an excellent young player. We knew he would take a couple of years when we recruited him, and now it's starting to pay dividends. I didn't think he would ever be a 30+ disposal kind of player, if he can do that regularly we've got a gem on our hands!

Good job Sholl. Currently in the top 65 out of roughly 800 players in the league for output numbers.

The Chris Scott reaction isn't made up Bigfooty folklore, just watched it again, it's real.

After we traded up (with Carlton, where Sholl's dad played, lol) in the footage you can see Hamish trying not to laugh..

Screenshot_20210413-184740_Video Player.jpg

Chris fuming..

Screenshot_20210413-184932_Video Player.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Chris Scott reaction isn't made up Bigfooty folklore, just watched it again, it's real.

After we traded up (with Carlton, where Sholl's dad played, lol) in the footage you can see Hamish trying not to laugh..

View attachment 1101838

Chris fuming..

View attachment 1101839

Brad Sholl was the best back pocket sweeper type in the league for a few years when at Geelong. Very prolific

not hard to imagine he might have drawn a bit of attention to his nephew/2nd cousin down in sleepy hollow

Brad Sholl was the best back pocket sweeper type in the league for a few years when at Geelong. Very prolific

not hard to imagine he might have drawn a bit of attention to his nephew/

not hard to imagine he might have drawn a bit of attention to his nephew/2nd cousin down in sleepy hollow

down in sleepy hollow

First cousin 1x removed.

View attachment 1101838

Chris fuming..

View attachment 1101839

Nice pick-up as that reaction from Scott was priceless!

Who made the comment at the end that Sholl could replace Lever as intercept marker? Wierd.... we already have the Dude for that.

Sheahan's comments about being a running machine were more spot on.

Nice pick-up as that reaction from Scott was priceless!

Who made the comment at the end that Sholl could replace Lever as intercept marker? Wierd.... we already have the Dude for that.

Sheahan's comments about being a running machine were more spot on.

Think it was the Ablett who does the draft stuff.

Well done Sholl on the rising star. Very well deserved. Only fault with him is that he needs media training in the way he answers questions on radio and speaks in general. Keep your answers conscise and don't be so serious with your answers. Also the listener doesn't need a novel. Short punchy answers. Also he continually says "you know". I can't stand it and it's bloody unlistenable. I know he's young but it's something he needs to work on. Only fault with the him. Just some observations.

Well done Sholl on the rising star. Very well deserved. Only fault with him is that he needs media training in the way he answers questions on radio and speaks in general. Keep your answers conscise and don't be so serious with your answers. Also the listener doesn't need a novel. Short punchy answers. Also he continually says "you know". I can't stand it and it's bloody unlistenable. I know he's young but it's something he needs to work on. Only fault with the him. Just some observations.
Couldn’t give a shite, just keep playing the footy you are

Couldn’t give a sh*te, just keep playing the footy you are
The club should help our players in all aspects. If he's representing the club he should speak well. It will also increases his value in the market and especially if he ever wants a media career. I'm sure his manager would have mentioned it to him.

I like the fact that he has shared 9 AFL coaches votes twice with Laird now.
Both are players who people thought would not make it due to their size.
You cannot teach what they bring - you either have it or you don’t. They have a habit of being in the right place at the right time and they accumulate heaps of possessions.
With Sholl’s neat skills and disposal efficiency it would be fun being an Adelaide forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm noticing Schoenberg also knows how to use the pill! We are transitioning from a club that burn't it to one that now is increasingly skilled. Delight to watch. Throw Hamill into that mix also! McAdam also does some nice delivery at times to other forwards and we know the Fog's boot is a lethal weapon and Doedee can deliver.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back