Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to his domination in the ruck during the 2nd half of last year’s game, AA showed me of his versatility as a footballer. He took Scotty Lycett to the cleaners in the ruck and actually Sydney outscored us in the 2nd half.
Besides the obvious choice of Dusty, he was the most impressive opposition player to front up to us at AO. (in my humble opinion)
I SAID TO MYSELF, “GET HIM”!

Yes, I expect there were many arms crossed in the crowd in that trademark goalless third quarter.

Due to his domination in the ruck during the 2nd half of last year’s game, AA showed me of his versatility as a footballer. He took Scotty Lycett to the cleaners in the ruck and actually Sydney outscored us in the 2nd half.
Besides the obvious choice of Dusty, he was the most impressive opposition player to front up to us at AO. (in my humble opinion)
I SAID TO MYSELF, “GET HIM”!

I don't recall who Sydney were playing but I was watching Aliir intercept marks inside the forward 50. I was like wow.....AFL has clicked for this guy......and oh I wish he wore teal.

Chuffed we scored him

I don't recall who Sydney were playing but I was watching Aliir intercept marks inside the forward 50. I was like wow.....AFL has clicked for this guy......and oh I wish he wore teal.

Chuffed we scored him
I might of been watching the same game lol thought every team will have a few African boys running around in the coming yrs was freakishly athletic 👌.
If he improves further will be a seriously good player and shrewd pick up by us.

So he's basically Dougal Howard in reverse...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pleased AA is back on the track. Aside from picking up a good player whose upside has not yet been reached, he was a popular player within the Bloods' team. Expect he will be an asset, particularly if he mainly plays in defence.

Pleased AA is back on the track. Aside from picking up a good player whose upside has not yet been reached, he was a popular player within the Bloods' team. Expect he will be an asset, particularly if he mainly plays in defence.

i can't understand why he was let go so cheaply...

i can't understand why he was let go so cheaply...

A very sore point for some of us. Still my Club like yours and most in fact do not go crazy stoopid like the Drug-0ns.

still think he legit has AA potential. AA has AA potential.

No matter how well or poorly his career goes, this is by definition true. Cameron Ling level insight.

So looks like his nickname is Chanders (Shanders, as in Chandelier)

Aliir Aliir hopes to join the main group at Port Adelaide training for the first time on Friday as he takes the next step in his recovery from off-season jaw surgery.
The former Sydney Swans defender has been with the rehabilitation contingent since coming out of a 14-day quarantine earlier this month after a procedure last year to correct an underbite then a post-Christmas check-up.

But the 26-year-old told The Advertiser he was eating solid food again and looking forward to taking part in more drills. ..... Aliir, who expected to play in defence for the Power, said he was settling in and trying to learn quickly. “Training is different in terms of drills and the type of running they do (compared to the Swans), just the whole game plan,” he said. “I’m asking questions, trying to fast-track my learning, so when I do go out there, I know what to do and what position to be in.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aliir suits our style of defending much more than Sydney. We defend aggressively with our last line of defence sitting just outside the D50. Aliir can use his intercepting ability and attacking mindset to reset attacks like TJ and Trent. Sydney defend far deeper so he was forced to play one on one a lot more which he isn't quite as suited to.

Aliir suits our style of defending much more than Sydney. We defend aggressively with our last line of defence sitting just outside the D50. Aliir can use his intercepting ability and attacking mindset to reset attacks like TJ and Trent. Sydney defend far deeper so he was forced to play one on one a lot more which he isn't quite as suited to.

Allir is a great pickup. I am thrilled to have him on the list. Definitely fits the no dickheads recruitment policy. Physically he should be coming into his best footy over the next three years. He is an intercepting, rebounding defender with enormous upside and fills that hole of not having a genuine tall key defender that we have had for the last couple of seasons. I think he will become a cult hero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back