Krakouer 174cm
White 178 cm
Foley 177 cm

Raines - 182cm
Tambling - 181cm
Hartigan - 181cm
Chaffey - 180cm

nut said:
Same height as the no.1 pick in th National Draft. 178cm is fine.

I dont know if its true but I've heard off the first 3/5 meters he is not super quick. I think it was in his Wiz profile last year that sait that.

Hope it isnt true.

Matt White
mattwhite.jpg

Angus Graham
AngusGraham.jpg

MVFC__ said:
Raines - 182cm
Tambling - 181cm
Hartigan - 181cm
Chaffey - 180cm

I dont know if its true but I've heard off the first 3/5 meters he is not super quick. I think it was in his Wiz profile last year that sait that.

Hope it isnt true.

Niether was Greg Williams.

nut said:
Niether was Greg Williams.

You can find exceptions to the rule most of the time but fact is 95/99% of potential AFL footballer are not going to have the abilty of a Williams or Mitchel and without that extra bit of pacy its going to hurt their game.

MVFC__ said:

Hope it isnt true.

It's not true.

Whitey is explosive out of a pack when he has the footy and onto you when you've got the footy.

One second he is there getting the footy and the next he is gone, especially when he has the footy or charging into you with a tackle.

His challenge is to up his pace again to deal with the extra pressure of AFL.

MVFC__ said:
Raines - 182cm
Tambling - 181cm
Hartigan - 181cm
Chaffey - 180cm

Hope it isnt true.

ok thier 4 playeds under 180cm that only 10% of the list. No big deal

why add played like Raines Tambling and Hartigan ? they are all over 180

kretchy said:
I guess that means that we thought that someone was going to pick him in the rookie draft before our first pick, which I believe was the only case in which we would use our PSD pick.
I think Carlton was deciding between White and Jackson for the first selection.

chewy-on-your-boot said:
It's not true.

Whitey
is explosive out of a pack when he has the footy and onto you when you've got the footy.

One second he is there getting the footy and the next he is gone, especially when he has the footy or charging into you with a tackle.

His challenge is to up his pace again to deal with the extra pressure of AFL.

Talking bout Danny Meyer.

White dons yellow and black
By Emma Quayle
The Age
December 14, 2005

white_wideweb__470x312.jpg

Photo: Wayne Taylor

MATT White was watching the Wiggles when he became a Richmond player with the fifth pick in yesterday's pre-season draft.

Overlooked on national draft day, White started training at Punt Road two days later. He beat the entire Richmond senior squad in the endurance run, matched Brett Deledio for speed and hoped he had done enough to be picked up as a rookie.

That plan changed when the Tigers became concerned that Collingwood would jump in ahead of them, so they bumped the Calder Cannon up from their favoured first rookie to the pre-season selection they had said they probably would not make.

"I didn't even bother listening to the pre-season draft because I didn't think my chances there were that good. I was flicking around the TV just waiting for the rookie draft, then my dad came in and told me what had happened," White said.

"I thought there was way more chance of being rookied. I thought that was the spot I was going for, so it was a pretty big shock."

White moved from the Cannons' half-back line to the midfield this year, but a fractured ankle kept him out of the under-18 championships mid-season, and he missed two of Calder's first three finals with a hamstring strain. He picked up his black-and-yellow gear yesterday with fellow Cannon Angus Graham, who arrived at Calder from King Island via Assumption College, while teammates James Wall and Shane Neaves ended up at Sydney and Melbourne.

White is another drafted graduate of Essendon Keilor College, which has prepared the likes of Brent Reilly, Andrew Welsh, Brad Murphy, Ryan Crowley, Brock McLean, Lynden Dunn and Carlton rookie Jesse Smith for an AFL start.

The Tigers finished up by adding delisted West Coast midfielder Jeremy Humm and Cameron Howat, a tagging type from Box Hill, to their rookie list, with Humm coming into contention only over last weekend, when the Tigers saw that he was still young enough.

Between training yesterday morning, yoga yesterday afternoon and a boxing session this morning, White did not expect to spend long celebrating. "I might go out for dinner with the parents tonight, but that's about all. We're straight into training, which is good," he said.

"It's good that I'm on the list now but for me, there's probably no difference between this and being on the rookie list. I'm still going to have to work hard to make something happen."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/12/13/1134236065480.html

Bentleigh said:
MATT White was watching the Wiggles when he became a Richmond player with the fifth pick in yesterday's pre-season draft.
I know we are going for youngsters, but .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darth_Tiger said:
will probably have more of an impact in his first year than anyone else we drafted.

Looks a player.

From what I've heard of people that saw him play that when he did get on the feild he was amounst the best running around. His nagging injuries (none of which seem long term), more so missing key games may have been a blessing for us 'covering up' a player of quite some talent.

White making his sides best 9 times from a limited 15 games is pleasing stat. Polled well in the Morrish Medal & TAC Cup Coaches Award.

Just read a great peice on PRE from one of its posters, If anyone wants to check it out go to there site and in the forums its in the thread about which 2005 draftee will be the best in 2006 or something like that

wez10000 said:
Just read a great peice on PRE from one of its posters, If anyone wants to check it out go to there site and in the forums its in the thread about which 2005 draftee will be the best in 2006 or something like that

Some of us are not in your mat Rosys xmas card list.

Copy & past it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back