Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bit of a chat with Vossy on the way into the ground Thursday night.

Voss made a great point about SPP and his footy intelligence. He said that SPP has shown that he understands the structures, and his role within those structures, and that he has the willingness to transition from contest to contest.

I think that Voss would see a lot of himself in Sam. And in Ollie.

Voss made a great point about SPP and his footy intelligence. He said that SPP has shown that he understands the structures, and his role within those structures, and that he has the willingness to transition from contest to contest.

I think that Voss would see a lot of himself in Sam. And in Ollie.
Add in Ebo and he has the midfield he has dreamed of I reckon.

Add in Ebo and he has the midfield he has dreamed of I reckon.
Plus Ah Chee. He loves Brendon, the selection video from 2015 shows it was Voss who pushed his name for his debut.

He was "the bull we're after". Well now we've got a rodeo in there, with Paddy "the bull rider" Ryder as well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-05/coaching-ambition-still-burns-deep-for-voss

"Whether another opportunity exists there or not, that will play out.

"The best thing I can possibly do right now is to continue to work on my own craft but purely with the interests of making our group better (at Port Adelaide).

"I feel like if I can improve as a coach and that can make our players a little bit better, then that's going to hold us in good stead for this year and then hopefully experience some success as a club."

What a bullshit interview that was On The Couch last night. A third of it was OK but the rest was rubbish. Vossy do you think you will coach again? Vossy what have you learned to make you a better coach again? Vossy have your coaching philosophies changed? Vossy do you reckon you will be a better coach 2nd time round? Vossy would you beat Joel Selwood to a hard ball get? etc etc.

Boring as bat s**t to watch as a Port fan.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Website*

We are stacked with midfield talent but we can't beat any half decent team in the midfield. Doesn't matter if they only have 1 or 2 good mids or no ruck, we still lose. I don't see how that can be a pass mark.

What a bullshit interview that was On The Couch last night. A third of it was OK but the rest was rubbish. Vossy do you think you will coach again? Vossy what have you learned to make you a better coach again? Vossy have your coaching philosophies changed? Vossy do you reckon you will be a better coach 2nd time round? Vossy would you beat Joel Selwood to a hard ball get? etc etc.

that explains why the report on afl.com focuses on nothing other that the confirmation of his ongoing senior coaching aspirations. media want the circus about to engulf Eade and GC to be as big as possible for as long as possible. so ideally they get hold of a few interesting potential candidates from a few different places to spice it up, and start the spin cycle months before any actual frigging interviews. Champion player and "prodigal son" potentially returning to QLD and adding spice to the relatively insipid "Q-clash" is one decent angle. Voss 'considering' 'potentially' leaving Port is a 'laugh-at-thy-neighbor' feelgood story for Cows fans too and we know how well that plays in the ADL media - where is sarcastica font when I need it?

because Port's midfield stepping up behind a more solid defense and making us a much stronger contender than most pundits expected this year has nothing to do with a few years of Vossy putting aside 'crazy' and just doing the hard work and learning... no relevance whatsoever for his coaching credentials, right?

Totally.

I don't think we got one interesting question about Port and what we are doing this year.

Usually I'm crying out for a Port person to be on the show, so we actually get some airtime regarding our game. We did and somehow they talked about us less.

:huh:

I thought interview was ok and Vossy was honest. Dont want to go back to the AFL 360 days of blowing smoke up our a****** and inflating our ego's to then get it squashed.
It would have been nice to hear a bit more about Port players rather than when their old colleague at fox footy would get back into coaching. I don't blame Voss, he answered the questions honestly but the questions were meaningless to a Port fan watching.

Last edited:
It would have been nice to hear a bit more about Port players rather than when their old colleague at fox footy would get back into coaching. I don't blame Voss, he answered the questions honestly but the questions were meaningless to a Port fan watching.

It's a pain in the arse. Remember the Club 1870 event I think last year where he spoke to members? Really interesting and engaging guy. I think he would have been good value talking about our players and where the coaches see us now.

As soon as the club starts to perform our footy dept staff are seen as easy pickings by clubs in victoria.

I got no doubt Voss is high up in the pecking order if a job opens up.

I'm more worried about Bassett though, hopefully being a local, we can hang on to him for a while.

Haven't heard too many Vossy haters lately, i always thought he was singled out unfairly, doing a nice job with our mids.
As soon as the club starts to perform our footy dept staff are seen as easy pickings by clubs in victoria.

I got no doubt Voss is high up in the pecking order if a job opens up.

I'm more worried about Bassett though, hopefully being a local, we can hang on to him for a while.
Let's hope Pyke performs to some level or you just know what's gunna happen, the thieving pigs.

Can't see why Voss would want to coach a club in freefall like the Suns who are likely going to lose some more big names at seasons end.

Maybe if Collingwood sacked Bucks you'd jump at that position seeing as they're a big club & their list is in ok nick but I wouldn't be jumping ship when we're close to a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back