Universal Love Welcome Mitch Robinson!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was nonchalant initially, but now he is here and doing/saying all the right things I can't help but admit I'm hoping for a fairy-tale outcome from this one. It makes me feel warm in my belly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does he like Brisbane compared to Melbourne ?

Loves it away from the bubble, or what ever they call it. The humidity hurts apparently. But he is just loving the time with his beautiful family and he's making heals of new friends as well. Everyone is getting a long really well! He's happier than I've ever seen him.

Loves it away from the bubble, or what ever they call it. The humidity hurts apparently. But he is just loving the time with his beautiful family and he's making heals of new friends as well. Everyone is getting a long really well! He's happier than I've ever seen him.

Brisbane summer humidity is balanced out by the absolutely perfect Brisbane winters. It's just amazingly good some days.

Brisbane summer humidity is balanced out by the absolutely perfect Brisbane winters. It's just amazingly good some days.

I'll be finding out for myself come round one. Been to the GC once, but never really gotten around Brissy. Looking forward to it. Hopefully I can meet Putin..

I'll be finding out for myself come round one. Been to the GC once, but never really gotten around Brissy. Looking forward to it. Hopefully I can meet Putin..

Look forward to nothin, absolutely nothing. We have a reasonably good night life but other then that.... we are close to the Gold Coast

Look forward to nothin, absolutely nothing. We have a reasonably good night life but other then that.... we are close to the Gold Coast
nahhh brissies alright.. amazing rock/punk music scene coming out of there at the moment which in itself is super rad! Violent Soho, Dz Deathrays, Dune Rats, The Grates..
and what about garden city? selling urself short :)

Brissie as always is a bit behind the Melbourne/Sydney curve but it's doing alright (and maybe even making up some ground) if you ask me. If you can't find places to hang that suits your vibe, you probably aren't looking hard enough.

5-10 years ago there wasn't much for you on a Saturday night unless your idea of a good time was getting paraletic and glassing someone but the city has really started to come of age in recent years IMO. Areas like New Farm, Paddington, West End and Ashgrove (Junk Bar ftw!) have plenty to offer (much more than the vomit soaked meth-hole that is Surfer's Paradise) and South Bank is still pretty decent for the more mainstream set. GOMA has a pretty cool cinema program that caters to a wide range of tastes - the upcoming David Lynch festival is going to be totes cool.

Don't be a hater Billy! 30 years ago you couldn't get a cup of coffee in the CBD and risked having your skull cracked in by one of Queensland Police's finest for having the temerity to go to a gig. We've come a long way.

nahhh brissies alright.. amazing rock/punk music scene coming out of there at the moment which in itself is super rad! Violent Soho, Dz Deathrays, Dune Rats, The Grates..
and what about garden city? selling urself short :)

Yeah Dunies and Soho at brightside tonight probably gonna head there. Yeah look rather not get stabbed stay well clear of Garden City. Plus hanging out at shopping centres has never really been my idea of fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back