Past Josh Deluca

Remove this Banner Ad

Points are there in black and white.
Nothing else to add, but if they somehow offend some.............Please tell me what it is.

Not sure anyone can, other than to do the usual and miss playing the ball.
The fact is Harks we’ve neglected getting system ready players for a few years now or just targeted the wrong types.

At least he’s not a failed HBF, another few of those would have had me questioning the recruiting teams sanity.

TL/DR:
Welcome Josh, youre on the short side, but you are fast and strong. Your kicking will need some work. You remind a few in here of that Shiel bloke. I understand your a promising mid, but you will be playing foward for us. (Bicker, bicker bicker. Mods had enough). Youll wear 47. Good luck Josh. Positive -negative - common sense. And nearly forgot, you are Italian.

The fact is Harks we’ve neglected getting system ready players for a few years now or just targeted the wrong types.

At least he’s not a failed HBF, another few of those would have had me questioning the recruiting teams sanity.

I have welcomed Josh. It's on page one and you're right in that at least we didn't target something we didn't need or an 18 year old that's had a couple of good games this season to date.

Would be nice to strike another ECurnow or Carrazzo out of these state league player selections. (Deluca or Gibbons)
Maybe even a Zorko......We may yet get lucky.

So the player Fremantle exited and no one wanted in the past few years, will somehow be a similar player to one that warranted two first round picks?
Possible, but highly, highly, highly unlikely.

Seems to me that we're arming ourselves with some honest triers but ultimately scrubbers; Gibbons, Polson, DeLuca.
If we strike one tiny nugget of gold in this group, we would have done well.....but don't bank on it.

Why on earth would anyone want to have a shot at Deluca?

Getting back to ground zero - Here's a player that has been dismissed by his former club, has been neglected over several subsequent drafts, including last years one, even after Gibbons and Cottrell were picked up, but we're now somehow banking on something more than the numbers would suggest?

Deluca would know where he is as much as Gibbons should be and if something extraordinary shows up?.......the that would make for some story.

So the player Fremantle exited and no one wanted in the past few years, will somehow be a similar player to one that warranted two first round picks?
Possible, but highly, highly, highly unlikely.

Seems to me that we're arming ourselves with some honest triers but ultimately scrubbers; Gibbons, Polson, DeLuca.
If we strike one tiny nugget of gold in this group, we would have done well.....but don't bank on it.

Wouldn't be calling Polson a scrubber. We did offer him a 3 year contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, Josh was stuck behind Neale (sub 180cm) who hardly missed a game and their fwd smalls were pretty set as well.

I think he will be great in our midfield, id put Fisher fwd and Josh in the guts as i see him more a midfielder
But honestly, who would want a Lachie Neale in their side, he's only 177 cm tall ... shorter than Josh!

I very much like the way he moves with ball in hand.
Loved the presser!
Welcome Josh.
Now go out there and get your 27.4 touches in the 2’s and force your way into the 1’s and never look back son.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back