Senior 7. Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 430323 He went to a local sports store for a cheeky photo lol

I'm not sure about this kid but I love the amateur photo of him in a local shop wearing a Carlton top. So much more genuine than a sponsored media appearance with all the hype! Love him getting into town to the local shop and slipping on a guernesy, legend. The top he is wearing still has the anti theft thingo on his right hip!! I wonder if the Druggies have called Stringer and told him to scour LA looking for a shop that sells Bummers tops!

One thing that stands out in that vid is he wants to succeed real bad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is something that I have yet to see any of the media pick up on in regards to Kennedy that I personally feel is significant.

Kennedy is the first GWS talent to arrive that was drafted/acquired by the GWS after SOS had left GWS. He was originally drafted in the same draft that SOS drafted Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham and Jack. Thus, while Silvagni would have tracked Kennedy throughout the initial scouting/recruiting process (until he left GWS) he wouldn't have an intimate working knowledge of what his development at the AFL level are or how his intangibles work into a team environment like he would his previous GWS recruits.

Therefore, it's not a case of "SOS went and got another of his GWS kids..." like it may be portrayed.

Just down the road from Wagga Wagga

The Danihers (who originate from close-ish West Wyalong) love Matt Kennedy. Surprised Essendon didn't go all in to be honest.
They had to leave teams like us some hope....Kennedy hard bodied at the ball this is what we need-he could improve a lot ![probably will]
SOS will have to sweep the draft clean.....so seems pretty switched on and loves his footy and Carlton so draft will have to be our prime mover.
Patience then.
Glad we missed Rockliffe-
Saad dammmmmmmmmm excellent value gone !!![his family are near *]
Smith cost " a bit.....also a gun but we could do better esp his PCL could slow him up or even pull him up in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back