List Mgmt. Welcome to Collingwood, Imogen Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Also for those interested in her journey and what she has been able to achieve... we did a two-part feature on her last year when her family contacted us. She lives in the Northern Rivers region of NSW, so while her GC teammates were playing their U17s championships and QAFLW, she was in lockdown despite being 10 minutes away from the border. She missed 8-9 months of matchplay to put in perspective.

View attachment trim.AECCDAC3-BED9-493A-8AD2-1A01437B08A4.MOV

Was really pleased she got some midfield minutes against the Swans. Saw this and wanted to highlight the smarts to run forward of the ball and the technique to spin it correctly and put it long to the spot where the leading forwards were (unfortunately Barber crashed into Barnett but we won the free and Moloney kicked the goal anyway)s

View attachment 1479219

Was really pleased she got some midfield minutes against the Swans. Saw this and wanted to highlight the smarts to run forward of the ball and the technique to spin it correctly and put it long to the spot where the leading forwards were (unfortunately Barber crashed into Barnett but we won the free and Moloney kicked the goal anyway)s
Thought she was excellent inside.
Some of her hardness in the contest is exactly what we lacked when Bri went down.

I was surprised at how physical she was and that she bounced up and went again.
A lot to like from the first outing.

Thought she was excellent inside.
Some of her hardness in the contest is exactly what we lacked when Bri went down.

I was surprised at how physical she was and that she bounced up and went again.
A lot to like from the first outing.
Yeah what I loved about her (and the reason I ranked her inside my Top 20 prospects pre-draft) was the fact that she is rare given her hardness and ability to win the contested ball, but also has great technique and skill. If she had explosive speed, she'd be an easy Top 10 draft pick. In saying that, I don't think we need that speed, we need that hardness/skill more, so it's a great fit.

Yeah what I loved about her (and the reason I ranked her inside my Top 20 prospects pre-draft) was the fact that she is rare given her hardness and ability to win the contested ball, but also has great technique and skill. If she had explosive speed, she'd be an easy Top 10 draft pick. In saying that, I don't think we need that speed, we need that hardness/skill more, so it's a great fit.
Yeah i knew you rated her from the draft discussion.
From what i saw on the weekend, your insights looked spot on!

Think i said this elsewhere (and apologies for telling you what you already know!!)......

But speed in AFLW isn't everything. Especially on the inside.
I think being clean and then being able to stand up in the tackle and execute the handball is a bigger plus than 'explosive speed'.
Bri is a great example in that she can stand up and take the tackle and dish off. We don't have anyone else that has the strength to do that.
Imogen looks ready made for that style of inside mid.
Need to see a few more games and see how this stacks up.

But from 1 outing that i've seen (and only the 2nd half at that), coupled with her history of moving to GC to better her football.....she looks like a good prospect that wants to succeed.

nice work on the scouting!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back